The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Dog walk done, it's a very nice morning out there.
Now breakfast. View attachment 583888

That's an excellent Photo, I'm hungry now 😁

Tenkaykev

Guru
Thought I'd check in and report on yesterdays foray to the Pub. We decided to walk to the Station as it's only about three miles and goes around the Bay so it's quite a scenic walk. There were five of us who met at the Station, we got a "Group Traveller" ticket which worked out at less than a fiver return. It's only about 20 minutes on the train to Wool and then 5 minutes to the Black Bear. It was quite chilly sitting outside as the wind had picked up a bit. The beer was good and the food was excellent. We decided that " English Lore " from the Gritchie Brewery was our favourite.
The Pub is just a few metres from NCR 2 so there were lots of cyclists ( and runners ) about. It was great to sit in a Pub Beer garden with friends, having a natter, a few beers and a nice meal. We've booked a table for next month as it's such a pleasant day out with the scenic train journey and a quiet village Pub.
Arriving home we found a large box on the doorstep, flowers, champagne and chocolates from a friend.
I resisted the temptation to carry on drinking, always difficult if you've had a few, but I did make myself a cheese and crisp sandwich with mayonnaise 😁

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all...Started lockdown project number 3 yesterday. The plan is to demolish the pond and make the patio area bigger. Been on the lookout for a Bistro Set, they seem to be in short supply at the moment with the old cast iron ones going for silly money.

Out for a walk with Alan 🐶 after breakfast.

Have a good day folks!

Happy birthday Mrs D

Is this build your own "at home" restaurant the ultimate in Covid-19 secure dining out? 🤔

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Bloomer overload?

Can't see any wrapped roubd the motor :laugh::laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I seem to have somehow lost half a stone.
BEFORE

AFTER

Dropped the car off for a service, walked to the hairdresser then home.....approx
1 1/2 miles in the sun so very pleasant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom