The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Yep. Makes me wonder if something isn't broken or out of place inside as it only happens on the spin cycle
Most washing have a lump of concrete in them to stop them shaking them selves apart. It’s normally in the top and held in place with springs, if any of the spring break the concrete makes a hell of a noise on spin cycles.
If it’s not that have a look at the back of the drum as sometimes things fall off lol. The dryer compressor fell of ours once 😂😂😂

Tenkaykev

Guru
Most washing have a lump of concrete in them to stop them shaking them selves apart. It’s normally in the top and held in place with springs, if any of the spring break the concrete makes a hell of a noise on spin cycles.
If it’s not that have a look at the back of the drum as sometimes things fall off lol. The dryer compressor fell of ours once 😂😂😂

If you are going to have a poke and a prod inside, ALWAYS remove the plug from the wall and allow a few minutes so any capacitors can discharge.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got out for a nice trike run about midday.
The fog seen from my house had lifted but a different viewpoint showed it was still lying in the main part of the bay nearest the town. That is the coldest part still as the sun never gets round there until late in the day and in winter never shines there at all from early November till nearly March. I lived in that part of town for a few years and had our workshop in that area as well. We had often to defrost the car while others along the street were in tee shirts in the sunshine.
One pair of what looked like mallards as well as one solitary heron. One buzzard crossed the loch in search of better feeding. On the way back I realised that another buzzard seems to have taken up residence in a tree by the roadside as I have seen it there several times now.
Wore a lighter jacket which was just adequate and for the first time for ages my fingers were not cold.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Good News :hyper:
I think the trouble with my neighbour making alligations against me is over, I managed to contact her son through Facebook and have just had a reply :-
he has spoken to mother and has removed a poster that I put on the notice board saying
"I give zero respect to a liar "
I now hope this will be the end of it, but if it starts again I will not hesitate to take legal action against her.

12boy

Guru
We will be having snow, sub freezing temps most of the day and 20 mph winds. Glad I got a measly 12 miles yesterday because today would be less pleasant. So far we are down moisture wise so whatever precip we get is welcome.
Mrs 12 had us watch the 2020 version of Blithe Spirit Monday night and the original Rex Harrison last night. I liked the old one better.
Since I got all of Mrs 12's plants and their shelves out of the garage perhaps I will set up a bike stand and do a little tinkering on a few bikes. It is usually at least 7C so that might be ok.
Welshie, I bet it is the flux capacitor. Hard to diagnose and fix due to its nomadic temporality.
Be safe and well

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Took the hybrid for a bimble. Stopped on a bench in the sun for a little rest.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Had a nice walk around St Anthony's Head on the Roseland peninsula this morning, then a swift 'alf at the New Inn, Veryan.
Back to the van for a bacon bap and a bottle of champers, followed by an afternoon nap. Quite warm in the sun! :sun:
IMG_20210414_113411040.jpg

Looking across to Falmouth.

IMG_20210414_114155311_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20210414_115612935.jpg

IMG-20210414-WA0014.jpeg

New Inn, Veryan.

IMG_20210414_120201301.jpg

Mohammed Bin Salman's $120m super yacht - Phoenix 8.

Last edited:

Exlaser2

Veteran
If you are going to have a poke and a prod inside, ALWAYS remove the plug from the wall and allow a few minutes so any capacitors can discharge.

Great advice. One of my friends had problem with his washing machine , took the top off it and started poking around . There was a large bang and he woke up an hour later in hospital , it was still connected to mains .lol
The part of this story that all his friends found funny was the fact he is an electrician 😂😂😂😀

Top Bottom