The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No hail showers so got out for a run on the trike.Fingers cold. Traffic getting a bit of a nuisance and potentially dangerous. Lots of camper vans and one motorhome as well as some car rally wonks out playing. A couple of local lycra lads passed me wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts. Speed they were going at probably kept them warm.
The motorhome did stop for me as it was at a passing place but an idiot behind decided to overtake before looking to see why it had stopped. Since their drivers side window was down they may have heard my muttered comments.😠
Local camp site is open but no tents, only camper vans to be seen. The local farm was out spraying slurry upwind of them so as probably townies they would not be happy. Personally I do not mind the smell particularly.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have bimbled. Sadly not a mile for every year like I did last year. That cold wind put me off going far, but still nice to get out. Neighbour over the road handed me a card with a box of Maltesers and a jam doughnut so I have scoffed them for lunch. Been trying not to eat sweet stuff but I'm sure a one off won't do too much harm.

Might have another walk later. Better make the most of the blink of sun as we might be going to wake up to sleet/snow tomorrow! :cold:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Shopping done over at Bideford.
Dropped into the Heanton Court Inn on the way back for lunch.
This cheeky monkey was hanging around.

He had absolutely no fear of humans.
MrsD fed him some bread. No getting rid after that!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Perhaps this will mean I have to begin having flu-jab? I have studiously ignored it thus far, have had my two Covid jabs however.
I’m keeping quiet! Lol. I have had neither. Personal decision due to my lifestyle and extremely limited contact with anyone. I don’t make a big thing of it as it appears you get made out to be almost a criminal if you don’t take the jab!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Fair enough, all for freedom of choice. ;)
Having the jab is more about the greater good, for society as a whole, rather than the individual's benefit.
The sooner we're all free to get on with normal life - the better.
Unless you have a real medical reason not to have the jab, then I find it hard to accept the 'personal freedom' argument.
Nobody will have personal freedom until we get on top of this situation.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Shopping done over at Bideford.
Dropped into the Heanton Court Inn on the way back for lunch.
This cheeky monkey was hanging around.
View attachment 587272

View attachment 587273

View attachment 587274

He had absolutely no fear of humans.
MrsD fed him some bread. No getting rid after that!
Just as well he was facing that way and not outwards on your beer.^_^
We used to get chaffinches at the Fishnish ferry queue who perched on your wing mirrors and if no food was forthcoming at once they tapped on your window to remind you.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I’m keeping quiet! Lol. I have had neither. Personal decision due to my lifestyle and extremely limited contact with anyone. I don’t make a big thing of it as it appears you get made out to be almost a criminal if you don’t take the jab!
I have very limited contact with other people normally but I travel on ferries with admittedly limited capacity so prefer to get any protection going.

Top Bottom