The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update from Salad Towers:

Thank you all for your good wishes towards Mrs Salad and myself. In the end, she spurned my offer of a Spoons breakfast, and instead we walked along the seafront to an upmarket coffee stop, for tea/coffee and cakes.

This put me in such a good mood that this afternoon I mowed the back lawn. And no, that is not some kind of naughty synonym!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And no, that is not some kind of naughty synonym!
'Synonym' isn't a synonym for 'euphemism'... :okay:

Lee_M

Guru
Well so much for my earlier hope that we wouldn't have any more rain, the heavens opened and we looked in danger of being flooded out so I had to take a sledge hammer to the drains to clear a route for the water.
Looks like I'm redesigning the drainage tomorrow

12boy

Guru
I kinda like to compose doggerel as I ride as the rhythm of the ride makes my iambic pentameter gland start to ooze forth verses. Hopefully this one won't offend....
Bullfrog daddy has to shout
Calling his cowfrog momma out
Spring in his step and twinkle in his eyes
Has a cowfrog momma to fertilize!

Cowfrog momma ain't to coy
She wants that good ole bullfrog boy.
Shaking her hips and flicking her tongue
Sayin "Boy that bullfrog sure is hung!

Rollin in the mud and bouncing on the reeds
Filling their horny beastly needs.
But their moment passes way to soon-----
Gotta wait a year for bullfrog poon.

As John Fogarty once sang.."Hear that bullfrog callin me..."

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning all.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning gang ^_^.
As reported MrsD is back home.
This is new territory for us both so we have to learn 'on the move'.
NHS policies change** so she has been sent home with a drain in..........I wont go into detail but.......as there is a bottle for the drain she has claimed the bed so she can find the most comfortable position.
**patients used to stay in hospital until healed......those days have gone. They can't even send a nurse to check up so I have to take her back in 7/10 days to have the drain removed etc.

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning gang ^_^.
As reported MrsD is back home.
This is new territory for us both so we have to learn 'on the move'.
NHS policies change** so she has been sent home with a drain in..........I wont go into detail but.......as there is a bottle for the drain she has claimed the bed so she can find the most comfortable position.
**patients used to stay in hospital until healed......those days have gone. They can't even send a nurse to check up so I have to take her back in 7/10 days to have the drain removed etc.

Thats a disgrace, they shouldn't be sending people home with drains in, what chance have you got if theres a problem, you're not medically trained, would you spot a problem if one developed? How is mrs D?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thats a disgrace, they shouldn't be sending people home with drains in, what chance have you got if theres a problem, you're not medically trained, would you spot a problem if one developed? How is mrs D?
She had a mixed/restless night. Just had some pain killers and gone back to sleep.
Re the drain.....I fully agree but that is apparently the norm now.
No idea how single, elderly people could possibly cope.

Top Bottom