The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Glad to hear that Mrs D is back home. They don't keep people in now unless its an absolute must.

Morning gang. It's hissing down here. I've been listening to the rain for hours. Mr WD is still buried in the bed:laugh:.

My customer contacted me last night. she loves the leather desk mat I made for her Husband's birthday.

Stay safe folks :hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all,
The rain is falling gently, and is set to continue for the next 7 days.
Todays bimble will be out and about to get some fresh fruit as the last apple in the bowl looks lonely. Also the front door bell has packed up, so I will get a new one from Robert Dyas on the way.
That will give me the chance to stop at the Mitre for an alfresco, but under cover pint or two.:cheers:

Another day in paradise beckons. :cuppa:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning all,
The rain is falling gently, and is set to continue for the next 7 days.
Todays bimble will be out and about to get some fresh fruit as the last apple in the bowl looks lonely. Also the front door bell has packed up, so I will get a new one from Robert Dyas on the way.
That will give me the chance to stop at the Mitre for an alfresco, but under cover pint or two.:cheers:

Another day in paradise beckons. :cuppa:
We have a Wireless doorbell. The previous one we had took a small battery in the Bell push, of course it worked for ages until it didn't work as the battery had run out. I suppose the sensible strategy would have been to change the bell push battery when the clocks change, ( much like @Drago changes his underpants ) that way there would always be a fresh-ish battery.
We ended up buying a wireless bell which uses the piezo -electric effect to send a small RF pulse to the ringer which plugs into a wall socket. It works really well, no more battery issues. It came with two receivers, I have one in the shed so I hear it ring if I'm in the shed or back garden.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good Morning Folks,
Some Waitrose Vouchers arrived in the post yesterday, save £14 when you spend £70 in store. There were also details of a new range of middle eastern dishes which look very appealing. We're planning a walk to Wimborne in the rain, we need a few other items but probably not £70 worth, so I've come up with a plan. I think one of the Forum Dave's mentioned Whisky in another sub forum, I've taken notes of what he recommended and I'll see what's on offer at Waitrose ( and on the shelf, often there's an empty space where the real bargains were )

Stay safe folks 👍

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
She had a mixed/restless night. Just had some pain killers and gone back to sleep.
Re the drain.....I fully agree but that is apparently the norm now.
No idea how single, elderly people could possibly cope.
I came out the day after my arm op, still in a fair bit of discomfort. It's probably because there is someone at home, they asked me several times if there was before I was discharged, if not I doubt they would. Good luck, it's a challenge for both of you.

pawl

Legendary Member
Good morning gang ^_^.
As reported MrsD is back home.
This is new territory for us both so we have to learn 'on the move'.
NHS policies change** so she has been sent home with a drain in..........I wont go into detail but.......as there is a bottle for the drain she has claimed the bed so she can find the most comfortable position.
**patients used to stay in hospital until healed......those days have gone. They can't even send a nurse to check up so I have to take her back in 7/10 days to have the drain removed etc.

The days when patients were sent to convalescent home are long gone My brother had a hernia op many years ago.Was in hospital for one week ,Another week in the local convalescent home.When I had my aortic valve replaced in 2003 I went into hospital on aThusday Op on the Friday. The electrical gubins drain and catheter removed the following Tuesday Discharged Wednesday with a bag to give to the surgery practice nurse to remove the clips in my leg were a vein had been removed for a bypass
Best wishes to MrsD for a speedy recovery :wub:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice sunny day with little wind so may venture out about midday in the hope that all the tourists have gone wherever they go and leave the roads reasonably quiet.
Friday may be a better day as the boats for Friday and Saturday are booked solid in the off direction.
Shopping early which was a waste of time as no stock. It seems that a delivery was missed yesterday so no fruit of any kind and only floor sweeping carrots.
Mebbe have a trip to Oban next week if I can get booked on any suitable boats.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I was awake at silly o' clock so just had a coffee then out for a spin. 40 miles with a few hills which I think is probably my longest this year. Bumped into an old primary schoolmate up on the hills above my old village so had a good catch up on what he has been up to.

As usual I am feeling chilled now I am back and sitting down so better get my breakfast and try and warm up a bit.

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning.

Top Bottom