The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Tenkaykev

Guru
Our walk to Wimborne went well. Had a wander around Waitrose and got a few things including some double IPA from Northern Monk. On my way round I spotted these on the shelf.
I needed to spend £70 to qualify for my £14 discount. The new Middle Eastern foodstuffs were on an introductory promotion at 20% discount so I ended up with a bottle of Talisker Storm Single Malt 😁🥃

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Our walk to Wimborne went well. Had a wander around Waitrose and got a few things including some double IPA from Northern Monk. On my way round I spotted these on the shelf.
I needed to spend £70 to qualify for my £14 discount. The new Middle Eastern foodstuffs were on an introductory promotion at 20% discount so I ended up with a bottle of Talisker Storm Single Malt 😁🥃

View attachment 588521

View attachment 588522
“ Ye Olde Oak” tinned ham , that’s a blast from my past ,I didn’t know it was still made .

Tenkaykev

Guru
Paul don’t be a wimp , go back get stuck in . How bad can it be , after all it’s not N&CA . :laugh:
I was going to suggest one tubed, one tubeless on the front and rear wheels.
I've deliberately avoided the Helmet / No Helmet forum topic simply because people don't go on there to ask for advice, they have entrenched opinions and won't respond with " Of course! I hadn't considered that! your reasoned argument has convinced me that your opinion is the correct one, I shall cease / commence wearing a helmet forthwith"

D

Deleted member 1258

I was going to suggest one tubed, one tubeless on the front and rear wheels.
I've deliberately avoided the Helmet / No Helmet forum topic simply because people don't go on there to ask for advice, they have entrenched opinions and won't respond with " Of course! I hadn't considered that! your reasoned argument has convinced me that your opinion is the correct one, I shall cease / commence wearing a helmet forthwith"

I don't go there either.

Lee_M

Guru
I was keen on tubeless, at least until my first puncture which wouldn't seal, followed by the second and third. After that I gave up and put tubes in.

Anyway, without hijacking this thread, after yesterday's storm we survived, so now need to work out a better drainage solution. To help me think about it I went to a band practice and had some fun, then I'm off for a bit of laser on an old tattoo (prior to it being reinked to complete the sleeve) then back home for a beer or two

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The forecast for today said sunny intervals which was correct but they omitted to mention intermittent heavy showers.
I did strike it lucky tho' as I went out earlier than intended and when I reached my turning point some spots of rain came on but I made it back to cover before the full force of it appeared.
Even trafficwise it was ok as the tourists around were too busy stopping every few hundred yards to take photos to be a bother and the few commercials were as usual no problem. I did get back just before the motorhomes came out to play as I met a few on the way home where it was heavy rain.
The first touring cyclists also appeared on a steep hill but I just waited on them getting to the top and a car appeared behind which I did not bother letting past for the short distance involved but it did seem impatient. On a blind corner it came round behind me very close and a van coming up made me stop in the single car passing place so they had to reverse back. That will learn them not to tailgate.:laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm sad to report that my trusty Jig Saw handed its notice in this morning with immediate effect, after more than 15 years of faithful service the mechanism that held the blade in self destructed. :sad: After a valiant attempt to fix it I decided the best course of action was to consign it to the B & Q recycle bin and buy a replacement.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
OK, mad or furious

OK, I've not been following that thread, thats a bit brutal, I wonder who upset him before he wrote that.

Well at the time I felt a bit like a schoolboy made to stand in front of the class while the teacher tore his work to shreds (metaphorically). I've since formed another view which would get me banned!

I did think it brutal as I clearly know all this. Glad to say I have the Dynaplug kit which obviously meets with approval.

Top Bottom