The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Now come on. Own up. You've nowt to do and want a bit of entertainment :laugh:
I’ve resisted even trying tubeless. Shouldn’t tempt fate, but it’s been ages since I had a visit so feel it’s just a lot of faff for something that hopefully continues to only happen very rarely.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I’ve resisted even trying tubeless. Shouldn’t tempt fate, but it’s been ages since I had a visit so feel it’s just a lot of faff for something that hopefully continues to only happen very rarely.
I must own up to feeling a frisson of excitement and just a tinge of guilt when I think about silky latex rubber, but that's what a strict Catholic upbringing does to a man.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm sad to report that my trusty Jig Saw handed its notice in this morning with immediate effect, after more than 15 years of faithful service the mechanism that held the blade in self destructed. :sad: After a valiant attempt to fix it I decided the best course of action was to consign it to the B & Q recycle bin and buy a replacement.
Electric hammer for light nails thrown in the bin!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'm sad to report that my trusty Jig Saw handed its notice in this morning with immediate effect, after more than 15 years of faithful service the mechanism that held the blade in self destructed. :sad: After a valiant attempt to fix it I decided the best course of action was to consign it to the B & Q recycle bin and buy a replacement.
I bought this a while back, but I do have a lot of Worx products so I can swop the batterys around
https://www.worx-uk.com/shop/power-tools/jigsaws/worx-axis-20v-powershare-multi-purpose-saw-wx550-2/

D

Deleted member 1258

I bought this a while back, but I do have a lot of Worx products so I can swop the batterys around
https://www.worx-uk.com/shop/power-tools/jigsaws/worx-axis-20v-powershare-multi-purpose-saw-wx550-2/

I've got their pressure washer.

Last edited by a moderator:

pawl

Legendary Member
Tried for carers and got an emphatic no!!
If needed I could pay for care but I prefer to know they are qualified.

I retired from Hospital Social Work fourteen years ago I was not employed by the NHS but the County Council My job was to asses the patients carers care needs referrals came from consultants OTs nurses and request from carerI would also advise on benefits

Private sector became more involved Councils involvement in home care became less.Eventually SW was with drawn from the hospital the private sector taking over.

At the time patients carers were of right entitled to an assessment of need. Weekly multi disciplinary team meetings were also an essential resort in identifying care needs
It sounds as if times have changed not always for the best by some of the reports I hear

I sincerely hope you and MrsD7 get the assistance you need.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all ^_^.
Dry but looking dodgy here.
Knackered this morning as I really wanted bed last night but instead watched LIVERPOOL BEAT UNITED at Old Trafford^_^ My only task is to go and get some'stir fry' stuff as that will be our lunch.
Apart from that I have no idea.

Top Bottom