The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. 10⁰ and cloudy here which is the forecast for the whole day.

A border crossing for us today as we are riding to Delamere Forest in deepest Cheshire. This is a BIG day out for me, my buddies live further south but I'll clock 100 miles for the first time in 2020. It's a 22 mile round trip to the meet point!! :blush:

@Dave7 as I'm crossing the border any supplies you need me to smuggle in? Lancashire cheese? Wigan pie? Chorley cake? You know those little treats in life....^_^

And of bigger concern are Cheshire's ladies who lunch ready for the sight of my legs? Or do I go for tights?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. 10⁰ and cloudy here which is the forecast for the whole day.

A border crossing for us today as we are riding to Delamere Forest in deepest Cheshire. This is a BIG day out for me, my buddies live further south but I'll clock 100 miles for the first time in 2020. It's a 22 mile round trip to the meet point!! :blush:

@Dave7 as I'm crossing the border any supplies you need me to smuggle in? Lancashire cheese? Wigan pie? Chorley cake? You know those little treats in life....^_^

And of bigger concern are Cheshire's ladies who lunch ready for the sight of my legs? Or do I go for tights?
Chorley cake sounds nice.
Hats off to you (and others) for that ride. Something I could only dream of doing.
BTW
Re the ladies and your legs.......I am going past the old persons home later so will ask them:rolleyes:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Supposed to be cloudy today but little wind. Cannot be bothered doing anything.
I usually go down to the coop early in the hope of buying something.
Even if yesterday was a waste of time today would have been worse as they are not opening until 8.30 this morning due to a "technical issue".

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good Morning Folks, Mrs Tenkaykev has her second jab today. I'm heading off to put up a coat rack for our daughter, then we'll be looking after our granddaughter while her mum gets her hair done.
I mentioned my new Kobo E Reader up thread, I'm really delighted with it, though the case that I ordered is a bit naff. I've decided to return it as I'm still inside the 30 day return window, and I'll be getting the newer Kobo Libra H2O from JL as an early birthday treat. 📗
Have a lovely day folks 👍

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Just an early walk for me today. We still have the low cloud and murk. Be nice if the sun makes it through for a while.

Wild garlic anyone? :laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. It is raining at the moment and going down to Devon tomorrow so will tidy up the house as Mrs G is coming back with me sometime next week. She has been away for 6 months now, our daughter has finished her treatment now and hopefully beat the cancer and should be ok now so time to come home. The house she was going to buy in East the Water fell through and she has found another one in Bideford but it will take at least a couple of month now before she can move in.
To be honest, being a tidy person, the house doesn't need much cleaning up but my standards don't seem to match my wife's but I will do my best to impress her. ^_^ :whistle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've just been skipping through this weeks Radio Times to get to the Crossword page and noticed a lot of promiscuity and partner swapping being hidden in plain sight! 😮
There's an Ad for " Over 50's life insurance " illustrated by a very photogenic couple smiling and hugging each other. Over the weeks I've noticed that very same lady featured in the photo, cavorting with a different man in another advert, this time for " Equity Release " and then in a further advert with yet another bloke! It's not just the ladies who are at it either, there's one particular Jack the Lad who seems to have no problems attracting the ladies as he's been having liaisons with different ones on a weekly basis. I'm a bit miffed as although I have the grey hair and rugged good looks, I don't appear to have the same appeal to the ladies.🤔

Top Bottom