The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I had forgotten I was due at fracture clinic today. Arrived on time so all good. Been to clinic and now waiting for hand therapy.

pawl

Legendary Member
Which one did you go to?

Dobbies woodlands Very few in the cafe It’s not are most favourite garden centre Cherry Lane takes top spot I seem to remember you have paid that one a visit Sunny Side near Ibstock is another we visit:wub::wub::wub:

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Afternoon folks, just got back from a walk along the trailway. We dipped into Delph woods and as we walked along a track we could hear a creaking and cracking. Moments later a branch crashed to the ground a few metres behind us! I’ll be buying a lottery ticket this week 😀
4FC40905-C84C-473C-953E-5A621754999D.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

I've made my fat cry this morning, I've been for a bimble. Shenton the destination, 34 miles the journey. Started of on my Hoar park loop but at Ansley I turned right on the island and dropped down into Galley Common, a village in a dip, you descend into it then climb out, crossed the Coleshill road and climbed through Hartshill, as the name suggests its a village on a hill, climb though the village then descend away from it, I'd got to 35 mph on the descent then had to stop for the lights at the narrow bridge. Crossed the A5 and through Fenny Drayton, crossed the A444 and up Fenn Lane then left for Shenton. on through Upton then crossed the A444 through Atterton and Witherley, then crossed the A5 and into Mancetter, right by the church and up Purley Chase the onto Ansley where I picked my route out and followed it back into Coventry. An excellent two and a half hours on the bike, a bit warm but bright, sunny and mostly still .

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/71583599

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
What……not even cake! :laugh:

Hell no. :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Have spent the morning recruiting another cyclist.

Daughter No 2, 49 this year. Has a new man in her life (she split from husband two years ago). New man has bought a bike, and started cycling. Daughter has not been on a bike since she was 10. Spent morning giving her refresher course on Mrs Boldonlad’s bike.

They say you never forget, she is away with it.

No doubt new bike, helmet etc will follow.

Attachments

• DFCE9F4F-83E5-401C-B595-8105CA0E3BD5.jpeg
    DFCE9F4F-83E5-401C-B595-8105CA0E3BD5.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've made my fat cry this morning, I've been for a bimble. Shenton the destination, 34 miles the journey. Started of on my Hoar park loop but at Ansley I turned right on the island and dropped down into Galley Common, a village in a dip, you descend into it then climb out, crossed the Coleshill road and climbed through Hartshill, as the name suggests its a village on a hill, climb though the village then descend away from it, I'd got to 35 mph on the descent then had to stop for the lights at the narrow bridge. Crossed the A5 and through Fenny Drayton, crossed the A444 and up Fenn Lane then left for Shenton. on through Upton then crossed the A444 through Atterton and Witherley, then crossed the A5 and into Mancetter, right by the church and up Purley Chase the onto Ansley where I picked my route out and followed it back into Coventry. An excellent two and a half hours on the bike, a bit warm but bright, sunny and mostly still .

View attachment 600106

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/71583599
When I was out there was a man on his bike coming the other way that looked like you when you still had your facial fuzz. :laugh:

Top Bottom