The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Have spent the morning recruiting another cyclist.

Daughter No 2, 49 this year. Has a new man in her life (she split from husband two years ago). New man has bought a bike, and started cycling. Daughter has not been on a bike since she was 10. Spent morning giving her refresher course on Mrs Boldonlad’s bike.

They say you never forget, she is away with it.

No doubt new bike, helmet etc will follow.

Good for her 😀

Also nice to know , as the father of daughter aged 25 . I will still be sorting her bike out in 25 years time. That’s if I make it to 82 of course 😂😂

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I have finished another round of 'mess about with the singlespeed bike in a (probably) futile attempt to silence it'!

This time I swapped in a different right crank. I cleaned and lubed everything as I reassembled it. I don't have much faith that this will have cured the problem, but... I did notice that the retaining bolt on the old right crank was not very tight despite me tightening it only yesterday and only having ridden 8 km since then! I hope that means that the crank was slightly loose and was the source of the creaking.

Conditions are cooling outside so another little test ride is called for. Oh patron saint of bicycle fettlers, PLEASE let the bike be quiet this time! 🤞

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I have finished another round of 'mess about with the singlespeed bike in a (probably) futile attempt to silence it'!

This time I swapped in a different right crank. I cleaned and lubed everything as I reassembled it. I don't have much faith that this will have cured the problem, but... I did notice that the retaining bolt on the old right crank was not very tight despite me tightening it only yesterday and only having ridden 8 km since then! I hope that means that the crank was slightly loose and was the source of the creaking.

Conditions are cooling outside so another little test ride is called for. Oh patron saint of bicycle fettlers, PLEASE let the bike be quiet this time! 🤞
I don't want to jinx myself, so let's just say that on this evening's 11 km test ride things were looking sounding good...! :okay:

(Hopefully!) Final tweaks have been made and more test riding will be done tomorrow.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. A restless night so just got up and dressed. Quite overcast this morning here. I don’t think the sun will break through until nearer lunch time. Not complaining as I have almost had enough of the heat now. A walk soon.

Dave7

Legendary Member
So......1700 yesterday was scorchio and the new pool** was calling, I couldn't resist. Felt cold at first but it was soooo pleasant and cooling.
I daren't post photos as I was doing a Numbnuts :rolleyes:.
**it even has a holder for your wine (other drinks are available).
I will be in there again later.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
Comparatively cool at the moment, I’ve thrown the doors open and there’s a bit of a cooling breeze at the moment. We’ve our planned run this evening, followed by nibbles in the garden, might postpone the running until the weather turns and settle for beer and nibbles 😀
Stay cool folks 😎😎☀️☀️

Top Bottom