The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day folk.
Strange........I woke from a very deep sleep with a very weird dream** and had no clue what day it was. I had to put phone on to find it is Saturday.
**in my dream Aldi had a special offer on ......one onion max weight 4oz and a cup & saucer (don't know the price)....... @classic33 what does that mean ??

Good day folk.
Strange........I woke from a very deep sleep with a very weird dream** and had no clue what day it was. I had to put phone on to find it is Saturday.
**in my dream Aldi had a special offer on ......one onion max weight 4oz and a cup & saucer (don't know the price)....... @classic33 what does that mean ??
Good day folk.
It means that you have French ancestry and will get a job as a “ Johny Onion “, cycling between places with strings of onions hung around your neck. The cup and saucer are to hold coffee and a croissant ☕️🥐

Chief Broom

Veteran
Talking about dreams heres one I had a couple of days ago- Im flying low over the countryside in a Harrier jump jet [as you do] and I notice an accident below where a car has over turned. I descend and 'park' the jet on the lawn of a farm house and walk back to see if anyones hurt....someone says no theyre fine,,,,okay dokey So go back to the jet and a woman comes out of the farm house and says "i dont have jets landing on my lawn very often, would you like a cup of tea? Sure I say, I have some apple pies in the cockpit i'll go and get them. Its all very pleasant we drink tea and munch apple pie while her collie pups romp around the lawn We chat for a while then I get into the jet and wave as i fly away...end of dream.^_^ So yeah im probably barking! ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

Talking about dreams heres one I had a couple of days ago- Im flying low over the countryside in a Harrier jump jet [as you do] and I notice an accident below where a car has over turned. I descend and 'park' the jet on the lawn of a farm house and walk back to see if anyones hurt....someone says no theyre fine,,,,okay dokey So go back to the jet and a woman comes out of the farm house and says "i dont have jets landing on my lawn very often, would you like a cup of tea? Sure I say, I have some apple pies in the cockpit i'll go and get them. Its all very pleasant we drink tea and munch apple pie while her collie pups romp around the lawn We chat for a while then I get into the jet and wave as i fly away...end of dream.^_^ So yeah im probably barking! ^_^

Have you heard the noise them things make? We saw one doing a display once, struth! my ears!

Still on the topic of dreams, mine are usually anxiety ones, the sort where you have to be somewhere but can’t find the bus stop, or get on the bus only to find that it’s going in the wrong direction. Then there’s the ones where I’m somewhere busy and I’ve lost my trousers…

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I had a good doze and I'm scanning the headlines while I think about a route and cafe for this morning.

One headline said GB have won gold in the "mixed medley relay." I had to read the article to find out if this is swimming or running.

On the subject of the Olympics, which I only have a passing interest in, skate boarding seems to feature a lot. I think I could stay upright on the flat at low speed. Now in no way am I denigrating these young people but Mrs P and I both think we've seen similar levels of difficulty in the local parks. I really struggle to see how this makes an Olympic sport when the competitors don't look to be doing anything complex.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

A lot calmer night after storm Evert has passed. Actually managed to sleep through to 7am.
Taking doggie to Welcombe Mouth beach first thing, then off to Bradworthy for shopping. Might be lunching back in Cornwall, as we are only about 5 miles from the border.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day folk.
Was the onion a red onion*, and was the onion in the cup that came with the saucer?

Onions represent emotion's, signified by their many layers. You are being torn apart by someone or something.
The cup and saucer represents reconciliation, maybe after the event. It may be the person, if it was another person tearing you apart.
A matching cup and saucer is saying that having been torn apart, you will once again be back in harmony with that person, if they were a matching pair.

Being on "special offer" might mean you're afraid you'll miss your chance(To find out who or what is toying with your emotion's).

*Beware a red onion! Blood will be spilt in this conflict/Physical harm will be done.

One possible scenario.
You are at conflict, with yourself, over your early morning mad Aldi dash.
The onion represents the conflict within yourself over these visits. The cup and saucer represents the reconciliation with yourself over these, you convince yourself they're needed.
The special offer means you are aware you have limited time, and that you may not always be doing these mad dashes.
*The red onion could represent what you had planned to buy, but dropped and broke. In your attempts to sort it out/hide the evidence, blood was drawn.

Be careful in Aldi.

Top Bottom