The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I was in much earlier but nobody was about.

Off out for an early walk up our local hill. Last day of still being able to wear a t-shirt at that time in the morning as it's all change from tomorrow with low pressure and much cooler temperatures.

Walked a fair bit this week. Garmin Connect always seems to automatically enter me in the steps challenges and I appear to be in the lead this week! :laugh:

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 08.29.07.png

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I was in bed with Chorley Paul last night. No, hang about, I mean I went to bed at the same time as him :rolleyes:.
Thank God. It was a bad dream then!! 😄

OK 'fess up time. Who watched Strictly? I was in the same room. At one point Mrs P said "Are you listening to me?" I knew she had spoken but thought she was merely providing a running commentary. This may be a problem. I retreat into my own world while this is on. It now seems I have to remain alert to my wife's remarks. Now if I was to utter "Do we have to watch this crap?"...........:laugh:

Just been perusing the lower league footie scores. I like to keep an eye on County and Chorley as I've good friends who go to watch them. Cracking result for Brentford as well.

Time to get started on stuff I think.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

OK 'fess up time. Who watched Strictly? I was in the same room. At one point Mrs P said "Are you listening to me?" I knew she had spoken but thought she was merely providing a running commentary. This may be a problem. I retreat into my own world while this is on. It now seems I have to remain alert to my wife's remarks. Now if I was to utter "Do we have to watch this crap?"...........:laugh:

Just been perusing the lower league footie scores. I like to keep an eye on County and Chorley as I've good friends who go to watch them. Cracking result for Brentford as well.

I detest Strictly so much that I even switch channels briefly if a trailer for it comes on!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Fortunately

Fortunately we have a decent tv in the 2nd lounge so MrsD watches Strictly in there.
I was watching Brentford vs LFC....... they look a decent team.
At 1:1 I fell asleep. Woke up and it was 3:3:wacko:. I will watch it on MoTD.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

God morning all, it was quite bright a while back, but it has now clouded over.
Barnet got their 1st win of the season, 3-1 at home to Weymouth.
A long walk with the dog soon, MrsP is away at a spa weekend with her friends, so maybe a pint or two at the Mitre at lunchtime and then watch the mens road race on the telly:bicycle::bicycle:.

Good morning all, quite pleasant here.
Will go for a little walk then settle down to watch the Worlds’ mens RR followed by yesterday’s Strictly 😍
We weren’t able to watch Strictly yesterday because we were otherwise engaged watching the two women’s races at the World’s, very good they were too :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all, quite pleasant here.
Will go for a little walk then settle down to watch the Worlds’ mens RR followed by yesterday’s Strictly 😍
We weren’t able to watch Strictly yesterday because we were otherwise engaged watching the two women’s races at the World’s, very good they were too :smile:
Where are you finding all this cycling to watch? Take it you have Sky.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

No. Hell no. Totally not happening in my house. I loath those programmes. :sad:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Strictly ? is that BDSM :ohmy:

I watched " The Mercy " a film about Donald Crowhurst. Mrs Tenkaykev wanted to watch it so I watched it with her. A very good film, but as the closing credits rolled, I said " Well, that was a bit depressing "
It's a fascinating and tragic story when viewed in hindsight, and there's a lot more to the story than could be fitted into the Film.

Top Bottom