The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I watched " The Mercy " a film about Donald Crowhurst. Mrs Tenkaykev wanted to watch it so I watched it with her. A very good film, but as the closing credits rolled, I said " Well, that was a bit depressing "
It's a fascinating and tragic story when viewed in hindsight, and there's a lot more to the story than could be fitted into the Film.
Yes, we were watching this but I was so tired I missed 50% and went to bed. Plan to try and get it on Catch Up. More chores now I've had a coffee break.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We're on a CAMC off grid site near Wadebridge. Chapel Farm CL. Only £7.50 a night.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certificated-locations/england/cornwall/wadebridge/chapel-farm/
Going back home tomorrow.
Dirk.......out of interest I googled the pub you are going to. It has excellent reviews and no negative comments.
Enjoy your lunch.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I have run out of excuses!

I have only done 5 rides of 100+ km in nearly 2 years, thanks to the Covid pandemic, and all of those have been with other forum members. Today, I am going to do one solo. It is intended to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, being a 100 km ride with a 40 km/1,000 metres of ascent loop in the middle. That will count in both of the 2021 'Lunacy' challenges that I am currently way behind in.

I have a lumpy ride out and a lumpy ride back, with this very lumpy thing in the middle...

I had to put a couple of silly bits in to reach my vertical km target.

Now watching a Clint Eastwood film....Joe Kid.
That is one that I had never actually heard of! I generally like Eastwood's films - was that one any good?

Oops - no time to hang about gossiping - my elderly body needs to be given a good whupping! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member

I have only done 5 rides of 100+ km in nearly 2 years, thanks to the Covid pandemic, and all of those have been with other forum members. Today, I am going to do one solo. It is intended to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, being a 100 km ride with a 40 km/1,000 metres of ascent loop in the middle. That will count in both of the 2021 'Lunacy' challenges that I am currently way behind in.

I have a lumpy ride out and a lumpy ride back, with this very lumpy thing in the middle...

View attachment 610962

That is one that I had never actually heard of! I generally like Eastwood's films - was that one any good?

Oops - no time to hang about gossiping - my elderly body needs to be given a good whupping! :laugh:
Excellent film.....well worth watching.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

View attachment 610962

Good luck. Wish I could borrow some of your enthusiasm. My cycling mojo has really disappeared at the moment. So much so, that I would rather get back into running if the back and legs can cope with it.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just finished making a waterproof cover for the seat of my trike just in case I have to go shopping in the rain

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning good norning good morning. ........in case you didn't hear me 1st time.
I was in bed with Chorley Paul last night. No, hang about, I mean I went to bed at the same time as him :rolleyes:.
No plans today. Europe are getting battered by USA in the golf so won't watch that. I don't mind watching them lose but not battered.
I am due to do a tray bake later. Never done one before so it will be interesting.
On that, I'll follow this advice...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8vm51sR4tRY

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning. I was in much earlier but nobody was about.

Off out for an early walk up our local hill. Last day of still being able to wear a t-shirt at that time in the morning as it's all change from tomorrow with low pressure and much cooler temperatures.

Walked a fair bit this week. Garmin Connect always seems to automatically enter me in the steps challenges and I appear to be in the lead this week! :laugh:

View attachment 610943
Approximately 250Km

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another walk to Wimborne and along the Stour, this time a more direct 10k route as I was accompanied by Mrs Tenkaykev. It was one of those meanderings where we kept bumping into people we knew. Coincidentally, among the people we met, the three women we knew were all named Chris. Stopped for coffees and cake in Wimborne before getting the bus home. Now relaxing and watching the cycling .

Last edited:
Top Bottom