The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Would it be a vitamin thing ? I started using Centrum 50 + ( they dont make 70+ !) and a little spoon of Iron every second day or so and I think its given me a bit of extra energy . My good lady wife persuaded me to give it a go . I was reluctant at first.
Have you ever tried these, I swear by them and they're a damn sight cheaper than all of the advertised branded ones and virtually the same. They also do loads of other supplements at very reasonable prices (no I'm not on commission from them).
Over 50's Multi-Vitamin Active Formula (zipvit.co.uk)

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Unless you (or anyone else) has really short hair eg a 1 or 2 all over I have no idea how you can do your own.
My SiL has done his for years but a real buzz cut so he can't go wrong.
Before and after photos required or it never happened.
My trimmers go on mm settings, I just use a 6mm (approx no.2) all over, takes 10 minutes at best. Not putting a pic up, it would scare everyone and probably break the camera! :rolleyes:

Chief Broom

Veteran
Unless you (or anyone else) has really short hair eg a 1 or 2 all over I have no idea how you can do your own.
Hee hee no there wont be any before or after pics :laugh: the before is bad enough! Many people do cut there own hair and it seems once theyve done it a few times its easy. I always wear a baseball cap which is handy as after my diy i wont scare the neighbours horses ^_^ I could ride to my nearest hair dresser but have to make an appointment and if that day is lashing with rain i wont fancy riding 12m there and back. If first attempt is a bit rough i really couldnt care! im not one for looking smart and wouldnt want to! :laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
<Sorry Rant>
On Monday I came in and noticed that the net curtain on the landing was missing, now when I arrived here some 17 years ago, there was a net curtain there,it was a bit grubby so took it down and washed it. A few year or so later I bought new nets for the flat and also bought one for the landing as I thought it would look nice and have done this many times in the 17 years, off hand I think I have bought four lots.
I sent an email to the housing manager tell him I want it back as it was my property, and if it's been dumped I want £12.
Gets an email this morning

This is an ongoing thing, a few years ago they stopped us putting pictures on the walls, this was followed by no Christmas decorations, last year no mats outside your door to wipe your feet on, no Christmas wreaths to be hung on your door and now no net curtains on the landing.
The entrance now looks like a prison with bare walls and just their notices tell us what we are not allowed to do. I know I just rent the place, but this is “my home” and I treat it as “my home” yet the housing association all they want us to be under their control and treat us with contempt
<rant over> I feel better now. :smile:
When the housing manager returned the said curtain I gave him an ear bashing too. :laugh:
The joys of renting, eh?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Track cycling!

Did that once at the Velodrome. The Strava was a bit bizarre!

Unless he has a LOT a track???
Loads and loads

Care to expand on this?
EDIT - sorry, you mean son in law and I immediately thought of sister. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.....

Last edited:
Been to the gym. Called in at Sainsbury’s on the way back. Noticed that all the diesel pumps were working fine but a few of the petrol pumps were out of action. There was no queue for either.
I’ve been cutting my hair with a trimmer for about 25 years. I’ve only ever used the zero setting. It requires two mirrors and a little bit of practice.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Its light as a feather compared to my previous ride, people with super light carbon bikes will laugh at 12.1 kilos but its good enough for me ^_^
Blimey, what was the old one - a massive electric mountain bike?! :eek:

My 20 year old aluminium bike weighs less than 9 kilos.

Our window cleaner just told me he is packing in to take a job driving wagons. They will train him to HGV and pay him THIRTY SEVEN GRAND :eek:......talk about supply and demand.
I saw a road haulage manager interviewed on the news yesterday. He said that he can't afford to recruit HGV drivers because agencies are paying them FIFTY GRAND at the moment!

But that's nothing... One firm in Lincolnshire is apparently offering the equivalent of SIXTY TWO GRAND for picking cabbages! An awful lot of cabbages an hour, but young, fit pickers could do it.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been for a bimble this morning, my lumpy Meriden loop, rode 25 miles. Was out in the car first thing to pick up my antibiotics. Got back, helped my Good Lady use the commode, changed my shoes and was on my way, a bright sunny morning with a strong cold breeze, I was glad I was in longs and a winter jacket, at first I had cold arms, though it warmed up a bit as the ride progressed, I wasn't at my best but it was nice to get out and pedal a few miles, on Kinwalsey lane I scattered a harem of female Pheasants and had one bird flying just in front of me at about 3 foot off the floor for about a dozen yards before it flew over the hedge, it was moving at 20 mph which was a good pace for a small bird.

Top Bottom