The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It does make you wonder what goes through their minds.
Some of them seem well learned (from their big words) but still manage to be complete morons.

Education, and/or, IQ are not the same as Commonsense (in my experience) ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

:ohmy: Open wide

I've got mixed feelings on this, on the one hand I'll be glad to see the back of it,^_^ on the other hand my teeth are well rooted and on extraction day they normally put up a good fight. :sad: I've not got the antibiotics yet, I went across the road to the chemist and they said "it'll be an hour", I went back an hour later and there was a queue right across the shop and only one serving, so I left it and will go back first thing tomorrow.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've got mixed feelings on this, on the one hand I'll be glad to see the back of it,^_^ on the other hand my teeth are well rooted and on extraction day they normally put up a good fight. :sad: I've not got the antibiotics yet, I went across the road to the chemist and they said "it'll be an hour", I went back an hour later and there was a queue right across the shop and only one serving, so I left it and will go back first thing tomorrow.
Teaspoon of salt in a half cup of water*, might help ease it, until you get the anti-biotics.
I'm limited on what can be given, but it's a common one I get told to use.

*Use as you would a mouthwash.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello the house.
Dentist for me. 2 fillings today......both on back teeth. I am so looking forward to that needle in the back of the gum :sad:.
Drago........here's an idea. You bring Bruce here. I will look after him while you go and have my fillings :rolleyes:
Back next week for another 2 fillings, also at the back but the other side :sad::sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning all, carer here at a civilized time this morning, five to seven, washings on the line, antibiotics to pick up later, I might even find time for a bimble.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks ^_^ looks better out there today so will go for a spin this morning. Im really liking my new bike its so much easier to make good progress. Its light as a feather compared to my previous ride, people with super light carbon bikes will laugh at 12.1 kilos but its good enough for me ^_^ Having a bad back ive adjusted bars to suit and have no problems in comfort.
Got my hair clippers delivered so will probably soon look like ive had some kind of accident ^_^

postman

Legendary Member
It's going to be a long day today.Had to be up by seven.Annual central heating service plus a fire service,and we have thrown in a curve ball,we think we need a radiator in the shower room,the present one has gone all rusty along the bottom,and prevention is better than cure in the middle of winter if it springs a leak.

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning, Lol!

A little old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic garbage bags behind her. One of the bags was ripped and every once in a while a $20 fell out onto the sidewalk.
Noticing this, a policeman stopped her, and said, “Ma’am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag.”
“Oh, really? Darn it!” said the little old lady. “I’d better go back and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me officer.
“Well, now, not so fast,” said the cop.“Where did you get all that money? You didn’t steal it, did you?”
“Oh, no, no”, said the old lady. “You see, my back yard is right next to a Golf course.
A lot of Golfers come and pee through a knot hole in my fence, right into my flower Garden. It used to really tick me off. Kills the flowers, you know. Then I thought, ‘why not make the best of it?
So, now, I stand behind the fence by the knot hole, real quiet, with my hedge clippers.
Every time some guy sticks his thing through my fence, I surprise him, grab hold of it and say, ‘O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off it comes.’
“Well, that seems only fair,” said the cop, laughing. “OK. Good luck! Oh, by the way, what’s in the other bag?”
“Not everybody pays.”

Tenkaykev

Guru
It's going to be a long day today.Had to be up by seven.Annual central heating service plus a fire service,and we have thrown in a curve ball,we think we need a radiator in the shower room,the present one has gone all rusty along the bottom,and prevention is better than cure in the middle of winter if it springs a leak.
We're on our third or fourth radiator in the downstairs loo. It has to be a humidity issue. I fitted a top of the range radiator last time and it makes no difference. I have it down to a fine art now, I can drain and fit a new radiator in an hour.

Top Bottom