The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Spot on . I still have one more birthday with a 5 at the beginning , in early November .

Everyone please remember the date as I want plenty of presents as commiseration 😂😂😂😂

Birthday starting with 5, blimey! Who let the kids in! ^_^:laugh: My next birthday starts with a seven.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suppose most of today's generation wouldn't know what a telegram... is. :laugh:
My mum was the youngest of a big Scottish family. We didn't have a phone when I was young. Every now and then a little telegram van would pull up in front of our house and my mum would start crying before the man had even delivered the message. She knew that it would be a message from Scotland telling her that another one of her loved ones had died... :sad:

I suppose most of today's generation wouldn't know what a ... record player is. :laugh:
They are back in fashion!

I gave away my record deck and record collection when CDs came along.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Indeed.
I am sure there is a law against that.
Dirk's fault......he should have made the rules clearer.
To make matters worse, I also haven’t worked since September 2019 . 😂😂
Due to a combination of luck ( 34 year of a defined benefit pension scheme) + planning ( I always paid into a AVC ) and a half decent redundancy package ( more luck ).
I had intended to have six months off then look for a bit of part time work , then this COVID mess started and I became an extra unpaid carer to my mum for a year. And since she has now passed I have found I have really got used to living without the s##t of work . 😂😀😀

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I suppose most of today's generation wouldn't know what a telegram or record player is. :laugh:
I still have one, Pioneer PL12D :smile:

Today I had 2 things to do
1) wait in for ebike battery to be collected to go to the recelling people
2) go and give blood at 14:15

SO had to ensure SWMBO was up and about by the time I left - her sleep cycle is totally screwed up by Covid and stuff so she basically keep similar hours to Dracula:eek:

And I failed
The parcel went off OK - he arrived just as I was off to bleed
SWMBO was already up and had been fed and watered (or Green teaed to be accurate)
but apparently the blood people want blood WITH iron in it
and apparently mine is pretty close to water???:eek:

SO I was rejected - so went to Tesco on the way home and got pudding for Tea and then threw decorum and morals to the wind and filled up with petrol on the way home (no queue!)

I have contacted the doctor with the results and they haven;t come back yet so I assume I have a reasonable chance of making it threw the night

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Lots of kids on here.....1st job in the 70s:rolleyes:.
I had just one job on piece work but only for 12 months. It was 12 hour nights 7-7. I hated it.

Children, children

First "proper" job, 1963 age. 16, £3-9-2d / week (ie £3.46) working in Metallurgy-Lab as trainee, stuck it until I was 20 (1967), then, switched to IT (or Data Processing, as it was called in those days).

Before that, I had delivered Newspapers and then, worked in a Car Wash. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom