The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Blimey, what was the old one - a massive electric mountain bike?! :eek:
My 20 year old aluminium bike weighs less than 9 kilos.

9 kilo's? Im no expert but most low end ally hybrid bikes are around 12kilos that ive looked at. My old bike was a steel hybrid all kitted out with mudguards/rack/wide tyres

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
To make matters worse, I also haven’t worked since September 2019 . 😂😂
Due to a combination of luck ( 34 year of a defined benefit pension scheme) + planning ( I always paid into a AVC ) and a half decent redundancy package ( more luck ).
I had intended to have six months off then look for a bit of part time work , then this COVID mess started and I became an extra unpaid carer to my mum for a year. And since she has now passed I have found I have really got used to living without the s##t of work . 😂😀😀

Please do not use that word!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
9 kilo's? Im no expert but most low end ally hybrid bikes are around 12kilos that ive looked at. My old bike was a steel hybrid all kitted out with mudguards/rack/wide tyres
It was a fairly high end Al racing bike at the time. It is the red one shown in my avatar picture on the left.

This one:

Still a very nice bike. I'd quite like a bike a couple of kg lighter but it would be a lot cheaper to lose 7 or 8 kg from my waistline! :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Latest local weather station report says 4 degrees. Bit of a change from the balmy mornings just a few days ago.

I enjoyed Silent Witness last night. New series Hollington Drive tonight, then All Creatures Great and Small on Thursday and Grantchester on Friday so something decent every night :smile:

Obviously still pitch dark but I’ve charged up the head torch in case I want to just head out before light.

Drago

Legendary Member
Housework done, Mini D ged, managed a few dozen calf raises on the back doorstep. Now sat down with a hot Clooney's and an oaty bar.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Going to be quite nice out there today, apparently.
Gardening duties today and a Clint Eastwood fillum this avo.
I watched Coogans Bluff yesterday and it was just about the worst thing I've seen Clint do. Really cheesy, formulaic and dated.
Today's offering is Joe Kidd. Not seen that one before.

Top Bottom