The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't had to use Root, Square Root or Pi since I left school in the mid 1960's and I've forgotten them, if I had to start using them again someone would have to teach me them from scratch

I can't remember the more advanced engineering maths that I did at university but I do remember a lot of the simpler stuff such as the general solution to a quadratic equation...

IF ax^2 + bx + c = 0

THEN x = (-b (+ or -) sqrt (b^2 - 4ac)) / 2a

Black Watch memorial
I assume that somebody has added a light below the statue? I don't like the way the cable is just draped up there. They should have hidden the cable somehow... drilled a hole down through the plinth?

D

Deleted member 1258

Own up.You know who you are You can’t hide all those Euro millions lottery win.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

An obscene sum, like the amount that painting fetched.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That's the first time I've seen a flat tyre on a steel wheel.
What's the reason the "bike" being there.

5058E739-B417-4C21-84A6-2C48C64D9FAA.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An obscene sum, like the amount that painting fetched.
I agree.

Why not have 184 people win £1 million each?

The answer must be that people no longer consider £1 million enough to get excited about, or at least that lottery organisers think that is the case.

I would keep (say) £14 million to spend on comfortable homes for myself and my nearest and dearest, money put to one side for maintenance on those properties, and invest enough for any normal future care needs for all of us. The younger ones could then choose jobs that they liked without having to worry too much about how much they were paid. The older ones could retire in comfort without any financial worries.

I would enjoy working out exactly what good causes to invest the other £170 million in!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:hello: Coooeeee.......hello.......anyone at home? Did you mean to leave the backdoor open?

Ah well. Looks like a beautiful and breezy day is dawning in wonderful Lancashire. Today is bits 'n' pieces as housework needs doing, ironing, email to catch up, allotment work and hopefully get my bikes and car clean.

I will get a shift on.......:hello:

Top Bottom