The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hasn’t stopped here for most of the day and more tomorrow.
The forecast was for 16 days of "torrential rain, and thunderstorms". You reckon you can last till its over?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. It's deliciously cool here with a light grey sky. Now here's the question. I have two loads of washing waiting to go on the line. Forecast is 50% chance of rain at 07.00 and 08.00 then10% till lunchtime. Do I risk it? Do I put the washing out? Two problems. First it might rain, second, which is much more serious, if I hang the washing out and it rains I'll get one of those "why did you do that?" moments from senior management.

The small one has been negative since Friday so she's coming today. Happiness. I need to start preparing stuff and then head off to collect her. Mrs P will take small one swimming and I'll grab the hoover then, I've done no housework for two weeks as it's been too hot. Veggie stir-fry tonight as we have loads of veggies. I'm off to do some chopping up.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Heavy rain all night which has finally reduced to a slight drizzle here. I was in no rush to get up while it was heavy.

It’s weird to hear the swish of tyres on the wet road outside as it’s been dry for so long. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s made much difference to the river. I think we’ll need a lot more yet to fill it again.

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning. It's deliciously cool here with a light grey sky. Now here's the question. I have two loads of washing waiting to go on the line. Forecast is 50% chance of rain at 07.00 and 08.00 then10% till lunchtime. Do I risk it? Do I put the washing out? Two problems. First it might rain, second, which is much more serious, if I hang the washing out and it rains I'll get one of those "why did you do that?" moments from senior management.

The small one has been negative since Friday so she's coming today. Happiness. I need to start preparing stuff and then head off to collect her. Mrs P will take small one swimming and I'll grab the hoover then, I've done no housework for two weeks as it's been too hot. Veggie stir-fry tonight as we have loads of veggies. I'm off to do some chopping up.

I've just put the washing out, I'll see how the weather develops as the day goes on.

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning. Heavy rain all night which has finally reduced to a slight drizzle here. I was in no rush to get up while it was heavy.

It’s weird to hear the swish of tyres on the wet road outside as it’s been dry for so long. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s made much difference to the river. I think we’ll need a lot more yet to fill it again.

I would think that after such a long dry spell the roads will be quite slippery once the rain starts falling.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

If it were me, I would risk it, put the washing out, then, wear my earbuds for the rest of the day.

Note: this advice is given at your own risk. ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

1660631787072.png

Top Bottom