The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Dog walked, just enjoying a nice relaxing Forest. Today I will be dismantling the drivers door of the Little Tykes car to replace the cable for the internal handle. Not a difficult job, but long winded cos the inner card and outer door skin have to both come off. New cable was £20 from Mercedes, and I'm not chucking cash at Fred In A Shed when I can do it myself.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Dog walked, just enjoying a nice relaxing Forest. Today I will be dismantling the drivers door of the Little Tykes car to replace the cable for the internal handle. Not a difficult job, but long winded cos the inner card and outer door skin have to both come off. New cable was £20 from Mercedes, and I'm not chucking cash at Fred In A Shed when I can do it myself.

Hope it goes without a hitch

172traindriver

Legendary Member
View attachment 446697
Built one up for a mate yesterday. He then ask me to take it for a spin today as i was going out with some of the club.Arrived at the metting place. Everyone was suprised to see me on a E bike.^_^ Anyway they all thought it looked good. Took a bit of getting used to.as i am used to Di2.did not take long i was soon flicking through the gears like pro.:laugh: First thing i really noticed was how comfatable it was.Pro logo saddle felt really nice. We only did 26 miles so not really a hard ride. But i could end up trying one on my own bike. Anyway the E bit.felt a bit strange to start with. The motor cutting in and out. 15mph the motor cuts out. Then you are on your own. I did struggle to stay with the guys on the long flats. The bike is heavy. But when it came to the hills. This is what its all about. Effortless climbing. The guys where really impressed with my climbing. Icould have gone a lot quicker and taken a few KOMs. But that is not what i am about. Just keeping it at my usual pace. I would not have one myself. Well not yet anyway. But when i start to struggle with the normal club rides. I would defo think about one. So to round up i think there is a place for these. It would make life a lot easier for a few old boys and girls. Not really for the young. Or idiot KOM hunters.but if it helps put bums on saddles thats fine. Am looking forward to the Saturday ride. Paul will be pulling me up a few hills. But he is going to suffer on the short sharp hills once we get over 15mph.:laugh::laugh:

Thats interesting and as you say if it helps to keep bums on saddles then great.
I have noticed the weight and you never know in future as tecnology advances there may well be weight savings made.
The other thing which I was curious about last night was the 15mph limit. You would have thought 18/20mph might have been a bit more realistic, however it seems there are ways to cheat it.
I have noticed Ribble seem to be one of the brands that are at the forefront and thats what your mate has got.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Its more the snow that is the worry. It causes chaos.
The cold weather is not nice but you can cope with it I suppose.
I saw hiw badly parts of Europe have fared and it didnt look good.

Well. Brace yourself Mr TD. ^_^

Top Bottom