The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Plenty of time for a thaw...:sun:

Oh yes, indeed and hope so.
A couple of years ago I was there early March and the mountains all had a white covering on them to half way down.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
In my club there are seven of us 62-70. I'm 64. The eldest has had a heart issue for years but is now back on his bike. He was a very strong rider but needs the ebike these days. We all go out on Mondays, the ebike simply let's my mate join in. It doesn't effect the ride at all. Above 15 the motor cuts out so when we start pushing 16-18 he has to work and these bikes are heavy!!

When I need one I'd have no hesitation in buying one

I have heard of someone looking into getting one. Out of curiosity is there any way you could deregulate them as in the instance of your mate when he needs to go that little bit faster to keep up?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have heard of someone looking into getting one. Out of curiosity is there any way you could deregulate them as in the instance of your mate when he needs to go that little bit faster to keep up?

He pedals hard to keep up! Seriously.

I'm not at all mechanically minded but I've read it's possible to deregulate an ebike. I've no idea how though.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Platja de Muro - five minutes from start.
Platja de Muro - five minutes from start.

Nice part of Alcudia then :okay::okay:
I took my friends down to the sign on place the day before opposite the big Iberostar complex, and we were talking the night after the ride and commented if you were entering the event that would be the ideal area to stay in due to the proximity of it to the start and finish.
The ones doing it along with hundreds if not thousands had a really early start before 6am to get down there. As it was quite chilly we had arranged to be at the island by the Pollensa Park to give them a cheer and grab their gilets that they abandoned as they passed.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hope I get a good night's sleep tonight.
Just dropping off last night and I started thinking of the name of an actor. I could see his face but for the life of me couldn't get his name.
This went on for about 10 minutes when I said to MrsD, who was dozing at the time, - 'What's the name of that actor in old Westerns; the one with the funny eyes?'.
She wasn't best pleased, as she then spent the next 20 minutes racking her brains and not getting off to sleep.
Eventually we both dozed off.
I woke up about 30 minutes later and shouted - ' Jack Elam!'.
She most definitely was not best pleased then........:laugh:

dd77400d340e465de6fcbc1a5b58d27d.jpg

I couldn't get back to sleep then, with the thought of Jack staring at me.......

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Care to share your experience?
Just curious what they are like, as there seems to be a bit of a growing market.
20190110_105457-jpg.jpg

Built one up for a mate yesterday. He then ask me to take it for a spin today as i was going out with some of the club.Arrived at the metting place. Everyone was suprised to see me on a E bike.^_^ Anyway they all thought it looked good. Took a bit of getting used to.as i am used to Di2.did not take long i was soon flicking through the gears like pro.:laugh: First thing i really noticed was how comfatable it was.Pro logo saddle felt really nice. We only did 26 miles so not really a hard ride. But i could end up trying one on my own bike. Anyway the E bit.felt a bit strange to start with. The motor cutting in and out. 15mph the motor cuts out. Then you are on your own. I did struggle to stay with the guys on the long flats. The bike is heavy. But when it came to the hills. This is what its all about. Effortless climbing. The guys where really impressed with my climbing. Icould have gone a lot quicker and taken a few KOMs. But that is not what i am about. Just keeping it at my usual pace. I would not have one myself. Well not yet anyway. But when i start to struggle with the normal club rides. I would defo think about one. So to round up i think there is a place for these. It would make life a lot easier for a few old boys and girls. Not really for the young. Or idiot KOM hunters.but if it helps put bums on saddles thats fine. Am looking forward to the Saturday ride. Paul will be pulling me up a few hills. But he is going to suffer on the short sharp hills once we get over 15mph.:laugh::laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good Morning :hello:

I'd like to be asleep but I'm not so hey ho best to get on with life. Blowing a gale here, probably 30+ at times. Forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain and 40+ winds. Not much riding this weekend so off to spinning in an hour.

Later I'm taking the kids to look at cars. Fortunately there's a huge motor park in Preston where all the main dealers are located.

Top Bottom