The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had the kids over night last night

They were wonderful - even better than usual for some reason in spite of being a bit of a pain (at least) when they are at home.
We have more space here which helps

Oldest has SATS starting on Monday so she is stressing - she does that - we used to call it worrying but apparently she is stressing

We have told her that they done really matter that much (well they are EXTREMELY important - but to the school not the kids) and we will be proud of her however she does)

Younger two loved having the back doors open and being able to run around all over

For some reason "we" have volunteered to have them 2 afternoons next week (pick up from school and keep until a parent get sback from work
AND we are having them overnight again next Friday
I asked if we were adopting them!

anyway - should have gone for a ride this afternoon but was too tired - never sleep properly when the kids are here
also a good job as my eyes starting itching like mad due to hay fever - probably forgot to take the tablets for it - again!

anyway - life goes on!

classic33

Leg End Member
Had the kids over night last night

They were wonderful - even better than usual for some reason in spite of being a bit of a pain (at least) when they are at home.
We have more space here which helps

Oldest has SATS starting on Monday so she is stressing - she does that - we used to call it worrying but apparently she is stressing

We have told her that they done really matter that much (well they are EXTREMELY important - but to the school not the kids) and we will be proud of her however she does)

Younger two loved having the back doors open and being able to run around all over

For some reason "we" have volunteered to have them 2 afternoons next week (pick up from school and keep until a parent get sback from work
AND we are having them overnight again next Friday
I asked if we were adopting them!

anyway - should have gone for a ride this afternoon but was too tired - never sleep properly when the kids are here
also a good job as my eyes starting itching like mad due to hay fever - probably forgot to take the tablets for it - again!

anyway - life goes on!
Could be worse.
Grandkids,could have put your bikes up for sale, without telling you.

Drago

Legendary Member
SiL was playing at Twickenham today but didn't go as couldn't manage being on my feet all day while suffering plantar faciitis.

The good news is Mrs D has bought me some Skechers trainers with arch and heel support and they feel wonderful, so I can move about to a limited degree without being in excruciating pain.

Having a couple of days off the jogging, aiming to resume Wednesday if it's feeling up to it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I was up with the larks as usual. Just back a 5 mile jog. It’s still muggy out so dripping as usual.

Off for a nice soak in the bath.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all. I just woke up, it's a bit of a lie in today.
Bright and sunny outside.
Did anyone see the Northern lights again last night? We stayed up for a while to see if they put on a show but didn't see them.
I'm going to clean the carpets again today, they were really dirty when I did them a few weeks back, and once they dried off the still looked a little grubby.
My twit of a next door neighbour called yesterday afternoon to ask if I could repair his punctures. He thought animals might of had a go at his bikes! Got one done yesterday evening it was a Thorn causing the puncture so that was the problem there, the other piece of scrap he has got seems to be the valve not holding the air. So I will replace the tube on that one. I think he gets these bike out of skips, generally the frames are as heavy as could be, the tyres are shot to pieces and he doesn't know the first thing about maintaining or repairing them, and won't use the LBS because they would cost him money.

Top Bottom