The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I gave up buying chip shop chips years ago. You get served a big 'lump' of chips.
What happened to those nice brown crispy chips we used to get?
Pubs seem to get it right. Our golf club does nice chips.....so why cant chippies get it right.
I think a lot of chips shops don't have the fat hot enough, plus your are supposed to blanche the chips in the fat first before the main fry.
Does your club use oven chips? Many pubs and clubs do.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think a lot of chips shops don't have the fat hot enough, plus your are supposed to blanche the chips in the fat first before the main fry.

Exactly. It's like cooking them twice. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I imagine they are oven type chips. At home we use oven chips in a Tefal Actifry.... they are not like proper deep fried chips but are nice.
We are having them later with Lamb and pickled onions^_^

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Maybe you lot can solve my problem. Last night couldn't pay my water bill online.

This mornong tried 1 more time using my phone and bingo I was allowed to make the payment. Does anyone know why it wouldn't work on my tablet? Answers on a postcard.
Seems strange that you can use your mobile, but not your tablet, it must/maybe down to their system and not your tablet.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A very late good morning. Had a migraine so took a sumatriptan after breakfast and have been sitting with my eyes closed and it’s now gone thankfully.

Sunny here but the wind has really picked up so don’t fancy a cycle.
Horrible. I used to get a form off migrain that the Doc called (i think) tunnel vision. Not fierce and gone within hours. I still get mild ones that always seem too affect my guts at the same time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yet another run to the dump. Does not seem to have made much difference to my workshop yet.
Cold but dry so far unlike yesterday which started ok and then rain started. This made working on my trike rear wheel in the car a bit more difficult. It is a Sram hub which nobody here has experience of so got the club expert in who volunteered to take it apart as there were different opinions. He thought it was cup and cone but I was not so sure. Turns out to be sealed bearings and looking good. While the wheel was off he also volunteered to fit the Marathon Plus tyre I just happened to have handy. I think they feel they have to look after me as I was referred to in the past as the grandfather of the club. Probably few of the current members know the history of the club.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yet another run to the dump. Does not seem to have made much difference to my workshop yet.
Cold but dry so far unlike yesterday which started ok and then rain started. This made working on my trike rear wheel in the car a bit more difficult. It is a Sram hub which nobody here has experience of so got the club expert in who volunteered to take it apart as there were different opinions. He thought it was cup and cone but I was not so sure. Turns out to be sealed bearings and looking good. While the wheel was off he also volunteered to fit the Marathon Plus tyre I just happened to have handy. I think they feel they have to look after me as I was referred to in the past as the grandfather of the club. Probably few of the current members know the history of the club.
Hope your guts are better soon.
Not nice if you have to run for a dump ^_^

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just had a very nice Liver, Bacon & Mash with onion gravy an' peas for a fiver at one of my locals. :hungry:
The beer was good as well. :cheers:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just had a very nice Liver, Bacon & Mash with onion gravy an' peas for a fiver at one of my locals. :hungry:
The beer was good as well. :cheers:

View attachment 495263
My 'local' which is owned by Holts has just reopened after a big refurb. Its very nice but it aint cheap. eg house wine £15.50 a bottle. Meals, start at around £10.00. Bare in mind its a pub on an estate I think its expensive.

Top Bottom