The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have bought cards but haven't yet written them out. That is a job I have to do this week.

And I need wrapping paper as well.
Cards are supposed to be 'old hat' as people use email type cards.
Personally I like to see/feel a real card. We dont do many, just a few neighbours and some distant friends and relatives.
As previously hinted, I was dragged brought up in a family that didn't celebrate christmas so its not a big deal to me.
But you can send me one if you really really want :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Don’t want to start a new thread but I am a bit puzzled by something on my I phone. When I try to look at Twitter there is a large message at the bottom of the screen saying “ Some updates you should know about” and goes on about changes to terms etc. Press ok to look at these. The screen is also locked so if I really want to look at Twitter it is very tempting to just press this. No way am I pressing anything so Twitter will get removed if this continues. An old Amazon Fire does not have this message. Anyone else got this?
Twitter has changed their ToS and Privacy Policy. Got an email last night. Checked up by visiting their site, rather than following the link. All appears to be legit. However, wouldn't have a clue about the aye-phone, as we like to call it up here.

I'm sure that must have helped loads 🤔

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Don’t want to start a new thread but I am a bit puzzled by something on my I phone. When I try to look at Twitter there is a large message at the bottom of the screen saying “ Some updates you should know about” and goes on about changes to terms etc. Press ok to look at these. The screen is also locked so if I really want to look at Twitter it is very tempting to just press this. No way am I pressing anything so Twitter will get removed if this continues. An old Amazon Fire does not have this message. Anyone else got this?
Not a twitter user, but, it sounds like a change to terms and conditions etc. They won’t let you continue until you at least pretend to have read and accepted the changes.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Cards are supposed to be 'old hat' as people use email type cards.
Personally I like to see/feel a real card. We dont do many, just a few neighbours and some distant friends and relatives.
As previously hinted, I was dragged brought up in a family that didn't celebrate christmas so its not a big deal to me.
But you can send me one if tou really really want :rolleyes:
I have only a few people that I send cards to nowadays . If you really really want one I will send you one. :laugh:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I had an email this morning from twitts
Some updates you should know about
We’re always working to ensure that you know – and have meaningful control over – what data we collect, how it’s used, and when it is shared. As our services and the regulations around data protection evolve, we will revise and refine our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to give you the information you need to make informed decisions about the data you share with us.​
We’re updating our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective 1st January, 2020. We encourage you to read both documents in full. If you have any questions, please contact us as described in our Privacy Policy. Continued use of Twitter on or after the date will represent acceptance of these updates. You can always deactivate your account by following these instructions.​
Thank you for continuing to use Twitter.​
– Twitter​

oldwheels

Legendary Member
So the twit message seems to be genuine but just looks dodgy. I have got no emails from them. Fortunately I am not addicted so it may yet get the heave. Thanks for the input.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We just had our first Christmas card this morning.
Mrs D 'does' Christmas more than I do.
I don't 'do' it at all. :angry:
If you dont 'do' it at all then your Mrs D will almost certainly do it more than you:rolleyes:.
Think I have said.....we are not big into it so dont have tree or decorations. Daughter, SiL and 3 grandkids love it and talk us into going there each year. We try to get them here but they want the full on atmosphere.
We turned it down this year but they kept on at us till last week we agreed:wacko:.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
If you dont 'do' it at all then your Mrs D will almost certainly do it more than you:rolleyes:.
Think I have said.....we are not big into it so dont have tree or decorations. Daughter, SiL and 3 grandkids love it and talk us into going there each year. We try to get them here but they want the full on atmosphere.
We turned it down this year but they kept on at us till last week we agreed:wacko:.
We have virtually no decorations up - just a miniature tree and a small string of lights in the living room.
We go away every year, in the caravan, for a week over Christmas. This year we are going to Boscastle in Cornwall.
Traditional Christmas dinner of Egg & Chips will, of course, be consumed in the van.:hungry:

Top Bottom