The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just back from a 15 mile bimble. Nice and sunny but cold in a few places. I had to wear my gloves and hat.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning.

Southport would be a nice flat route from yours. I’m sticking to 2 hr ish rides so a little too far for me at the moment. I thought I’d timed my ride spot on yesterday by arriving back at my house bang on 28 miles on my wahoo until strava knocked it down to 27.8.

My OCD hasn't fully recovered yet.

Neighbours comment on why I circle the cul de sac occasionally and look at me like I’m weirdo when I explain I’m trying to even up the numbers.........
Absolutely and we often do a 60-65 mile circuit there. For the moment I'm trying to be socially responsible and keep my rides to around two hours.

36 miles today with 15.3avg. A nice ramble through flattish lanes in a big circle over Brindle Hill >Eccleston >Mawdesley > Rufford >Croston >Buckshaw >Whittle le Woods >Home

By chance I got 36.00 dead on - you'd love it! 😀

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I think the wife's hinting about do some painting in the house.The only thing is i haven't got the right brushes....Damn :whistle:
You can borrow mine. I have the right brushes but if I lend them to you I won't have the right brushes. Solves a problem for your wife and me. Win win.

Would this be a bad time to tell Mrs CS hardware stores are still open?? :ohmy::laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
At long last got out for a shortish run today. First since Christmas so not very far. First thing in the morning appears to be the best time before everybody has got themselves together.
Bread with added Allbran rising and a korma simmering in a cast iron pot which seems to produce better curry than the stainless ones I normally use.
Nice to have something positive to say for a change. The garden awaits with lots of weeds and long grass tho’.
If you want to see the photos I took they are on picture of the day.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Exercise today consisted of a 4 mile walk testing out MrsD's new Sabichi wheels. :becool:

View attachment 510578

Absolutely no comment whatsoever from me on that thing. :reading:

Dave7

Legendary Member
At long last got out for a shortish run today. First since Christmas so not very far. First thing in the morning appears to be the best time before everybody has got themselves together.
Bread with added Allbran rising and a korma simmering in a cast iron pot which seems to produce better curry than the stainless ones I normally use.
Nice to have something positive to say for a change. The garden awaits with lots of weeds and long grass tho’.
If you want to see the photos I took they are on picture of the day.
Besides vindaloo etc korma is the only curry i dont like. TBF I only tried it once many years ago. I found it too sweet but maybe was a bad example.
Bread with allbran. Thats interesting. How much do you add and what does it do for the bread?

Top Bottom