The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Good afternoon all... Much the same as yesterday morning, long walk with the dog. Also been compiling 10 questions for tonights zoom quiz night with my brothers and wives, never done it before, being a bit of a technophobe I'll be surprised if it works. A couple of G & T's might help!

@Dave7 ...Our local 9 hole course opened Yesterday, I'll have to dig out the old irons from the garage and give it a try 🏌️‍♂️

@Tenkaykev ... What route is Mrs Tenkay taking for the London to Paris? I did it 10 years ago, London to Portsmouth, Le Harve to Evreux, Then Paris. Be great to do it again....dream on!

@PaulSB ...Congratulations! 🥂

dickyknees

Guru
Spa Cycles always has a good selection of sensible commuting/touring tyres, most come in a variety of sizes including 26”. I recently bought some of these Panaracer Pasela’s in 26”, I can’t comment on how they wear because I’ve barely ridden them yet but they look ok and fitted easily.
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s121p4427/PANARACER-Pasela-PT-Wired

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good afternoon all... Much the same as yesterday morning, long walk with the dog. Also been compiling 10 questions for tonights zoom quiz night with my brothers and wives, never done it before, being a bit of a technophobe I'll be surprised if it works. A couple of G & T's might help!

@Dave7 ...Our local 9 hole course opened Yesterday, I'll have to dig out the old irons from the garage and give it a try 🏌️‍♂️

@Tenkaykev ... What route is Mrs Tenkay taking for the London to Paris? I did it 10 years ago, London to Portsmouth, Le Harve to Evreux, Then Paris. Be great to do it again....dream on!

@PaulSB ...Congratulations! 🥂

The route that Mrs Tenkay is following is split into two, "Day 1" is from London to Newhaven. It Starts at the London Eye and heads out via Clapham Common, Earlsfield, Coulsden, Farthing Down, Redhill, swings leftat Maidenbower, Polegate, Alfriston Newhaven.
She's taking a few days on the turbo to do " Day One" ( reached Hailsham today)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have to say I feel good today and it's time to mention why. Firstly I am to become a grandparent in mid-November, first one. The last time the pregnancy ended very early but this time we are at 14 weeks already, things are looking good! :bravo:

The other reason is I saw my best friend last night. Only a long chat on the doorstep. We last met up in January and during lockdown I've been concerned for several reasons but was delighted to see things are as I hoped and she is mostly good.
Good news Paul.....thats what we all want. Out of all the cr*p thats going on a new life will be born. My best to the whole family and...........

Be prepared to get your hand in your pocket Grandad.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Enjoyed the golf today. Last week was the 1st game for ages and I played really well. Today I won the mini comp by a long way and (less my handicap) parred the course.
Got home to find MrsD was not well and has upchucked all over the bathroom. One of those were you cant get off the bog so she...........right, enough information xx(.
I was planning to get on the sunbed but.........the sun has disappeared.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
.........the sun has disappeared.
Looking good here for the next few days. :sun:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I bimbled. 38 miles in perfect temperatures for me. Not too hot.

I stopped to pay my respects to Maggie!

D

Deleted member 1258

Coventry Council has the tip recycling centre well organized, my appointment at the recycling centre this afternoon, I drove in, a fella ticked of my reg number on his list and waved me through, drove up to the bays and they had every other parking bay coned off, pulled into an empty bay, unloaded the car and drove out, nice and simple and straightforward.

monkers

Veteran
I've been out this afternoon. A little more wind here than the forecast had indicated, but good riding.

I wrote the other day about this great road I've found called Henry Cort Way. It carries just bikes and the occasional bus. Being a repurposed railway track it's arrow straight, two miles of smooth fast tarmac, unfortunately with three sets of lights. Plenty of bikes down there, some getting quite a wiggle on. It's no scenic route, but it's a fun ride.

I got stuck in today to work on my weight and fitness. I've been up and down it eight times in succession making 32 miles plus a few more getting there and back. This is by far my longest ride in 30 years or so. I'll tell you how I am tomorrow ^_^

Top Bottom