The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Our other best mates are coming down from Redditch, so it will be good to all meet up again
I think that you need to look up 'best' in the dictionary... :whistle:

A bit like 'The first singer had a unique talent. The second one had an even more unique talent'! :laugh:

I thought that I was done with heating until the autumn but it got chilly at midnight so the convector heater was back on for a couple of hours.

I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. It is too soon to be catching Covid again so it should not be that. I hope that it doesn't amount to much because I am going to Devon in a week's time and I want to be able to do some hard cycling down there.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
We have two couples that we have been friends with for 40+ years.
I class them all as best mates. It would be disingenuous of me to discriminate between them.

I had a "best man" at my wedding, but never had any best mates.......if fact I haven't got any mates
the ones I had are all dead :sad: the ones I thought I had turned out to be dud.......

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We have two couples that we have been friends with for 40+ years.
I class them all as best mates. It would be disingenuous of me to discriminate between them.
I get what you mean but it raises the interesting question of how many people/things can be 'best' at the same time...

You could have a million oranges and they are all 'best quality' but only one orange could be the 'best' orange.

I had a "best man" at my wedding, but never had any best mates.......if fact I haven't got any mates
the ones I had are all dead :sad: the ones I thought I had turned out to be dud.......
Why don't you meet up with some CycleChat members for a bike ride?

I have met lots over the years; many multiple times. We are not what people mean when they say 'best mates' but we enjoy doing forum rides together a few times a year, having a natter as we go along, or sit at a cafe.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Cake :hungry:
cake.jpg

Top Bottom