The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: you reap what'ya sow...so better get on and do some gardening :okay: i have to net everything as any emerging seedlings get promptly munched by sparrows and pigeons. When i moved in i found a 18ft telescopic pole in the back garden and wondered what it was for....a bird scarer, it would have had a raptor kite attached. Not going to use it as i like the birds but i do occasionally have ranting Basil Faulty moments when crops get massacred! My neighbour who's a bit loopy feeds the birds but doesnt like the seagulls and throws stones at them which then bounce of my roof :rolleyes: I told him to refrain which he did until his confused brain got him lobbing again...ho hum ah well at least its better than living next door to a somerset drug dealer, :okay:
DSCF6005.JPG

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I can see a bright yellow thing in the sky :sun:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I can see a bright yellow thing in the sky :sun:

I wish I could see it , the clothes rack is in the bathroom full of the wife's stuff and the dehumidifier is going full blast. It has a " dry clothes" button on it and the poor thing is going day and night trying to suck some moisture from her garments. Recovering from a bad wetting yesterday myself and could do with a bit of dehumidifying too. I had to bring my old E Class to be serviced yesterday to a garage out in the wilds of the country and went for a brisk walk while waiting for it to be done. Needless to say the heavens opened on me and it pi*sed rain down on me. Think a nice hot chicken curry and a glass of wine is on the cards

classic33

Leg End Member
But will his bike?
What about after the meeting, when it's use will be required again.

Had to ring BT today for the local FoodBank - I help them on on the rare occaision that they need techy computery type help

Normal "you call is very important to us" stuff and "we are putting you in a queue to speak to a representative"

followed by an estimated wait time (which is good)
of 5-10 MINUTES!!!

now - this was the business section of the customer service section of BT

I imagine that if I was a normal pleb and ringing about a normal pleb type domestic line the wait time would have been a TINY BIT LONGER!!
or am I being cynical???
(again)

point of note - I spent many many years working on the computery bits of a customer service system for a big company
we had a wait time of TEN SECONDS
because the company actually did think the customer's calls were important
in other words - we didn;t say the calls were important - because we answered them in a shorter time than the message would have taken

the same company was taking about 1 minute when I tried them out a few years ago - I left in 2001 (long story) - and my daughter-in-law uses them a lot and says this is normal

Top Bottom