The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coòeeeee. 3 deg and a tad chilly here. :cold:

Stays safe peeps :hello:

Dave7

Legendary Member
How weird.
I am sat in the conservatory in confusion.........I absolutely KNEW it was Monday but the radio programme I am tuned to only airs on Sundays. So I thought, is it a Bank Holiday I am unaware of?
It has honestly taken me an hour to realise it is actually Sunday.... strange.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Even the cats don't want to go out it's raining so hard. :rain: :rain::rain:
I don't think there will be any bike riding today. So dog walking followed by some domestics and then armchair sports. Cycling and football on the telly box.
I've got a nice piece of pork loin for tea tonight, with apple sauce and all the trimmings.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Breezy day ahead but forecast sunny, so should be quite nice.
MrsD wants to go to the garden centre this morning to get, in her words, "a bag of dirt".
Sunday lunch booked at the Masons Arms.

Was musing, the other day, about finances.
It's odd that I'm far better off now than I've ever been in my life, despite being retired for 10 years.
We manage to combine a reasonable standard of living without worrying about money. In fact, we are currently saving a fair bit.
How did that happen?!
Yesterday, MrsD transferred another 10k each into our PB accounts. I'm hoping for the big one next month. :laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Blue skies and sunshine for us. Wooohoooo :sun:

Why are you so surprised? It has been like that here in N.Wales for the last 3 days. ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A chilly 9.2 mile walk done. Never really warmed up. I think I should have put a warmer jacket on. Nice though.

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 08.46.08.png

IMG_1108.jpeg

Top Bottom