The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

The rugby should be on free to air TV not on prime only, listening to the game on talksport ain't the same, I did wonder if the high penalty count against England was a result of the pressure they were under or was the ref a bit too strict.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The rugby should be on free to air TV not on prime only, listening to the game on talksport ain't the same, I did wonder if the high penalty count against England was a result of the pressure they were under or was the ref a bit too strict.
The autumn internationals used to be on Sky, so prime is slightly better IMO.
I felt the ref was being a bit harsh, but England have a history of struggling with penalties.

D

Deleted member 1258

The autumn internationals used to be on Sky, so prime is slightly better IMO.
I felt the ref was being a bit harsh, but England have a history of struggling with penalties.

They used to be free to air as well and should have stayed that way, like a lot of people I don't have Sky or Prime. I know about Englands tendency to end up with a high penalty count and did wonder if in this case it was a result of pressure or a strict ref or both.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Enjoyable set of matches, France v ABs wow, Eng v SA ouch! 9 times of 10 if the pack gets bat you will lose, the exception is if you score 3 tries and hold on for grim death! I’m borrowing sons Amazon prime for the matches. Coverage is good but the app is a bit limited. Yesterday I was late home so tried to watch it from the start in catch up mode. It was impossible until the match and all the after match chat had finished. Each time I tried it went to the game and told me the score.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This weekend must be some kind of record.
Every northern hemisphere team beat a Southern Hemisphere team.
NZ, Auz, SA, Japan, Arg and Uruguay all lost.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Irelands pack did a great job but behind them there wasn't the fluency of last 2 weeks.

Murray was trying to recycle the ball quickly but his natural game is all about control and he was perfectly suited to the approach of Schmidt's Ireland. Sadly we learnt his time is now up. His box kicking used to be a thing of wonder in it's accuracy, but not only is variable in distance it wasn't in last weeks team plan. In the six nations he may be used off the bench but he's not been the same player since his injury a couple of years ago. Before that he was arguably the best in the world but time waits for no rugby player.

The fluency improved when he went off but the backs weren't lining up in "layers" that had worked so well for them in the two previous matches. Perhaps Carberry needs to be more authoritative? I was a little surprised when he was awarded man of the match, but it will help his confidence going forward..

So all considered a great result and bring on the 6 nations. Scotland and Wales at home, ok. England and France away, learning opportunity. ^_^

PaulB

Legendary Member
Why is there nothing on here about what Kevin Sinfield has just done?

To run 101 miles through the biting cold and dark of winter has been truly inspiring. It's a pity it came so soon after the Children in Need weekend when people may be suffering from compassion fatigue and that could affect the amount raised but I get the impression this giant of a man wouldn't be too bothered if it was 1p. It's his devotion to his mate that drove him on. Always quick to deflect attention onto his helpers and the others and to constantly remind us why he's doing it. He deserves a very high award for his achievements here.

DRM

Guru
Why is there nothing on here about what Kevin Sinfield has just done?

To run 101 miles through the biting cold and dark of winter has been truly inspiring. It's a pity it came so soon after the Children in Need weekend when people may be suffering from compassion fatigue and that could affect the amount raised but I get the impression this giant of a man wouldn't be too bothered if it was 1p. It's his devotion to his mate that drove him on. Always quick to deflect attention onto his helpers and the others and to constantly remind us why he's doing it. He deserves a very high award for his achievements here.
He’s done it, absolutely magnificent effort, how on earth he’s managed to complete it is beyond my comprehension, he’s not known as Sir Kev amongst us Rhinos fans for nothing, and now nationally too, he’s raised over a million pounds with this one, he deserves knighting for his money raising efforts,

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He’s done it, absolutely magnificent effort, how on earth he’s managed to complete it is beyond my comprehension, he’s not known as Sir Kev amongst us Rhinos fans for nothing, and now nationally too, he’s raised over a million pounds with this one, he deserves knighting for his money raising efforts,
He was already an MBE in 2014 which was upgraded to an OBE this year.
maybe he’ll get another promotion!

Top Bottom