The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Tbh, I thought he had taken a knock/was injured. I actually thought he wasn't going to take that final penalty at first, he seemed to indicate that all wasn't right. He's a talent for sure and it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

He didn't seem injured to me, but I could be wrong about that.

I get that it's a tough tournament and hard work, but taking off the player who's scored all your points seems a bit counter-intuitive in a game as tight as that.

D

Deleted member 1258

England lacked edge, experience and awareness.

Perhaps time for Jones to move on? What he was thinking taking off Smith is a mystery.

I was surprised that Jones didn't go after the last six nations.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I know he’s a hooker and shouldn’t be under the high ball. But What was LCD doing.

If he can get both hands to it then at least try to catch it. If you knock it on accidentally then so be it? It’s only a scrum. But don’t slap it forward on purpose.

The penalty try seemed a bit harsh to me, it could have gone either way.

D

Deleted member 1258

Likewise. I assume he has some massive payout clause or something in his contract, but I can't see him lasting beyond this tournament if England end up fifth again.

Me neither, he should have gone last time.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I know he’s a hooker and shouldn’t be under the high ball. But What was LCD doing.

If he can get both hands to it then at least try to catch it. If you knock it on accidentally then so be it? It’s only a scrum. But don’t slap it forward on purpose.

The penalty try seemed a bit harsh to me, it could have gone either way.
He was making a bid to get in the English Volleyball team.
I too wondered why the hell didn't he try to catch rather than do what he did.

That final set of scrums would have almost certainly resulted in a penalty for England if they had taken place in the first couple of minutes rather than the final couple.

AndyRM

XOXO
He was making a bid to get in the English Volleyball team.
I too wondered why the hell didn't he try to catch rather than do what he did.

That final set of scrums would have almost certainly resulted in a penalty for England if they had taken place in the first couple of minutes rather than the final couple.

It looked like he panicked to me, hadn't realised how close Graham was and his head went. Maybe?

Shouldn't have happened, and he'll be gutted, but it was generous of Jones not to throw him under the bus (publicly at least).

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Talk about bias,,,,not one mention of the one team who really performed today....

AndyRM

XOXO
Talk about bias,,,,not one mention of the one team who really performed today....

Ireland looked very, very good. Quick hands, and nowhere near as cynical at the break down as I've seen them in the past.

Wales looked like they'd never played the game before, though they have a long injury list.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It looked like he panicked to me, hadn't realised how close Graham was and his head went. Maybe?

Shouldn't have happened, and he'll be gutted, but it was generous of Jones not to throw him under the bus (publicly at least).
He certainly had some sort of brain fart, maybe it was the opposition player being closer than he thought but he really should have not been fazed by that.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Ireland looked very, very good. Quick hands, and nowhere near as cynical at the break down as I've seen them in the past.

Wales looked like they'd never played the game before, though they have a long injury list.
I agree with you about the breakdown, that was helped by O'Mahony not starting.
They were very good but Wales didn't offer much, except for an Irish MOM performance by Josh Adams.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Extraordinary - and fantastic - game. And all credit to Scotland - what a performance! That will be an 'I was there' moment to rank with the best. No wonder the whole stadium was going nuts.

15 minutes to go and all the momentum was with England, having come back from 10-6 to 10-17 and looking menacing, and then bang: it's 17 all, 10 minutes to go, one man down. Nerve-shredding finale. Rugby at its best.

Ireland were awesome. Wales, sadly, looked clueless and toothless - the score flattered them.

Great opening day. Roll on the Six Nations!

And, again, well done Scotland. Heart wins great matches, and yours beat just that bit harder.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Thought England were the better team for much of the match, but Scotland got the points and congratulations to them. Scotland took the two chances they had from 30% possession. Very little to choose between 5 teams who could all beat each other. France and Ireland look a notch above the others.

Top Bottom