The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Oh well :sad: They put up a better performance than I thought they might.

Good scrap.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yup a big win for the welsh on home soil after last weeks debacle in ireland

yello

Some great stuff between France and Ireland so far. The Ireland try was something special.
I forget it was on and have just seen the score. Reads like it was an exciting game. French commentators get hyper at the best of times, they'd have been going manic over that one!

AndyRM

XOXO
Great game of rugby. Ireland were very good, but France were better.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It's clear that France and Ireland are a class above the rest. Worryingly for England, Scotland, who were poor today, were still able to beat them.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's clear that France and Ireland are a class above the rest. Worryingly for England, Scotland, who were poor today, were still able to beat them.
I’ll assess England after a few games.
Scotland always play their world cup final against England in Edinburgh. And they only won because of a crazy penal try/ yellow card.
If England fail be beat Italy with a bonus point then I will be worried.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I’ll assess England after a few games.
Scotland always play their world cup final against England in Edinburgh. And they only won because of a crazy penal try/ yellow card.
If England fail be beat Italy with a bonus point then I will be worried.

Yes, this is all true, we've touched upon the importance to the Celts of their matches against the English here in CC the past. I vaguely remember, if I remember correctly, posting about when Wales beat England in early stages of the world cup a few years ago that that was their World Cup final and it was always going to be downhill from there.
About the Scotland game, It was a crazy penalty try that gave them the victory but a victory it was nevertheless.
England won't lose to the Italians and it should be a bonus point victory but Eddie Jones too often doesn't pick the best players available and seems to too often play players out of position. England have too often not picked the best available forever though, so we shouldn't be surprised at that.

I can't see us beating the Irish even though we have them at home, as for France who knows how we'll do against them, it depends on what French team turns up and how much we get under their skin.

Last edited:
On the right day England, France and Ireland are very close in ability and a lot depends on home advantage.

France, especially with Sean Edwards as defence coach, will not let teams under their skin these days and the result with England will hinge on how badly Eddie Jones can get his tactics and substitutions wrong.

Wales have Ireland and England away so will do well to finish fourth this year.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
On the right day England, France and Ireland are very close in ability and a lot depends on home advantage.

France, especially with Sean Edwards as defence coach, will not let teams under their skin these days and the result with England will hinge on how badly Eddie Jones can get his tactics and substitutions wrong.

Wales have Ireland and England away so will do well to finish fourth this year.

I reckon you're right there, gone are the days when anyone can wind them up so much, a la Brian Moore, that they'd give away stupid penalties or get themselves sent off.

Top Bottom