The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downesy

Veteran
A good read that , it's astonishing how sport can sometimes help to start building bridges. As an English man with rugby daft Irish parents I knew how much this game being played meant to them.

Rusty Nails

We remember
It was a strange game. Despite England being just about the better side they were outscored by three tries to one, and never scored a point by creating anything.

Every one of their points was because of a Welsh mistake..six penalties and one try from possibly the worst lineout throw the past couple of years of any team. (Edit: based on replays, subtly aided by an illegal push on the jumper, but not too many complaints from me as the ref generally had a shocker)

Wales are living off scraps and Eddie Jones is turning good beef into scraps.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

We remember
If they do I cannot see Eddie Jones staying on.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Absolute farce in Dublin.
Considering what happen the Italian team were really impressive, never giving up. Feel more than usually sorry for the very tired team but questions should be asked about the preparation from their manager(s).
If they haven't been doing it already, I predict the front rows will be spending a lot of time practicing each other's roles.
With a bit of luck this might lead to wholesale changes, oh and a new government would be great and a euro million jackpot prize too please

Last edited:

yello

Must admit, I had to take to the Internet to try and understand wtf was going on re an uncontested scrum and Italy losing another man. I understand the rules now, and what they're trying to achieve, but blimey does that seem harsh.

AndyRM

XOXO
Considering all the advantages they were given yesterday, Ireland didn't really make the most of them, they should have scored a lot more.

I appreciate I may be alone in this, but there always seems to be a weekend when the officials are woeful and weirdly inconsistent. A lot of mistakes were made in all three games, which is frustrating when the opening two weekends the standard was excellent.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
A good game at Kingsholm this afternoon where the mighty Gloucester eventually saw off Northampton with a second half comeback. Some good tries, particularly Northampton's try from deep in their own 25, even though those in a position to see were of the opinion that it came from a forward pass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom