The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Silly high tackle after 1 minute and England’s chances of winning are over.

How angry would you be if you paid £100 for a ticket?
As @swee'pea99 described so well, it was a very entertaining match (even as an England fan). There was about 20minutes when I put the chances about equal, the 15 men in green were clearly rattled.
The match of the weekend ... apart from the Wales game! That was a GREAT contest.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
As @swee'pea99 described so well, it was a very entertaining match (even as an England fan). There was about 20minutes when I put the chances about equal, the 15 men in green were clearly rattled.
The match of the weekend ... apart from the Wales game! That was a GREAT contest.
Another epic! Sadly for me it was slightly spoiled by the fact that I didn't get to see it till Sunday, by which time inevitably I'd bumped into the score, which does take quite a lot of the juice out of the thing. Again, I honestly thought Wales were going to get simple outplayed by France, 15+point margin without getting out of third, especially after that early try: vintage, gorgeous, French rugby at its best. But then, non. Ironically enough, French captures it best: ils ne passeront pas. Wales dug in, they held, they would not yield. And then they came back. The momentum shifted again, and suddenly it was France who were looking rattled, and fumbling. But they didn't yield either. Titanic. Rugby at its best.

I honestly can't recall a 6 Nations to match this year's. There really hasn't been a dud (Italy aside, sorry but), and quite a lot of the games have been absolute belters. And France v England with the winning/denying of a grand slam as a finale! What did we do to deserve this?

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
More tinkering from Jones whilst the French recall one after covid and go back to their strongest 15. Hopefully his job is on the line and a really bad result will have consequences. I just can't see them avoiding a second year where they finish above Italy ....and no one else.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Absolutely brilliant try to win it.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Another absolute belter! Viva il rugby Italian! What. A. Match. And what a finale. And what a classy move from Josh Adams for the cherry on the cake. And to think I'd written this off in advance as Dud of the Day.

:bravo::notworthy::bravo:

And two cracking final matches in prospect...

Top Bottom