The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Well if Italy can beat Wales then England can surely ....

Hats off to them they are having a go and playing the best Rugby I've seen from them this season.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
France 25 England 13

Where's Poacher when you need someone to point at and laugh?

France are very good at the most moment. Possibly world beating.

Not a good look is it, mocking another team's defeat? :stop:
I don’t like gloating. But losing to Italy at home is poor.

England played well in Paris.

England should have beaten Scotland and Ireland, but for silly cards. They are better than the table suggests.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Agree about enjoyment. Teams seem to have figured out how to attack and create opportunities.

Great final day. Wasn't going to watch Wales Italy but checked out score at half time and so glad I stayed with it. Hopefully they don't have to wait as long for the next victory. Stunning try,

Ireland Scotland, after a thunderous start from Scotland, Ireland got into their groove. The most bonus points, easily the highest PD and despite a lousy opening 15 mins. A very satisfactory season. Next season, England and France have to play them in Dublin.

France England was much closer than expected. I hope Jones takes a long break this summer and starts 9, 10. 11 and 12 for a couple of more games and allows them to grow. Sadly I expect more tinkering. Having the props drop deep to run the kicks back was something new to me and I expect to see more of this next year (albeit some teams will use 2nd rows etc.). Cant agree with the above comment that they are better than their position, one performance does not a season make. They were beaten by Scotland who were clinical and absolutely thrashed by a record score at Twickenham by Ireland - playing with 14 arguably gave them a lift but apart from bossing the ref's interpretation of scrums, they were never going to score!

Chapeau to Les Bleus. High expectations were delivered and that confidence will go forward with them to the next world cup. At their best they are irresistible and unstoppable. I wait to see how they develop and cope with the expectations of a home World Cup.

Love the Six Nations, and it was a very good year.. The sunshine today went a little way to compensating for the end of the great winter ritual.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member

England should have beaten Scotland and Ireland, but for silly cards. They are better than the table suggests.
We came third in the table, I don't think we can claim to be better than France and Ireland at the moment so I reckon it's a fair reflection of where we are right now.
Mind you I agree we would likely have beaten Scotland if it wasn't for Cowan Dickie's volleyball team audition moment.

I don't like gloating either, and my comments were in poor taste, but I was just being sarcastic given Poacher's attitude in the quoted posts, hence my last sentence.

Wales were awful, gave away silly penalties, couldn't string any extended good passages of play together, and kicked badly, especially the kick that gave that last try away. Italy also played better than I have seen them do for a long time, and didn't fall apart when under pressure.

The successes of the Wales team in recent years has hidden the fact that Regional rugby in Wales and the management of the WRU is in a very poor state,and there is not a lot of talent outside the national team.

The Six-nations tables and World Cups are always full of should have, would have, could have, but didn't. I would say the tables don't lie, but then I remember that Wales were champions last year.

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
France 25 England 13

Where's Poacher when you need someone to point at and laugh?

Not a good look is it, mocking another team's defeat? :stop:
Point and laugh to your heart's content!
My comment referred specifically to the sneering smuggit Max Boyce, who lost no opportunity to gloat when Wales were top dogs, and I rejoiced in the all too rare success of the underdogs Italy.

As for your lazy assumption that I support England unquestioningly, my patriotic feelings evaporated when my compatriots shat on my retirement plans in 2016, and I transferred my allegiance to France. When the Marseillaise was played, I turned the TV volume up from 40 to 64 and sang along lustily, even the very dark middle section:

Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes !

Allez les bleus!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just recovered from celebrating a wonderful and well deserved Grand Slam from France. We certainly are the best team in Europe presently and hopefully in the world soon. Allez les bleus! 🍾🍾
I was pleased for Italy too and their try was superb. I also appreciated the great gesture from the Welsh player who gave the Italian try scorer his man of the match medal.
Overall, it has been a fantastic 6 Nations tournament.

Top Bottom