The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I reckon you're right there, gone are the days when anyone can wind them up so much, a la Brian Moore, that they'd give away stupid penalties or get themselves sent off.

I remember that, the wind up would start in the press about a week before the game and by the second half of the game the French had started to fall apart.

I reckon you're right there, gone are the days when anyone can wind them up so much, a la Brian Moore, that they'd give away stupid penalties or get themselves sent off.
Found this a few years ago and laugh every time I hear it.
It’s all worth listening to, but, IMO, the Wade Dooley story stands out.

Click on ‘Watch on youtube.’

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=697uhPeDTt0

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s been an odd tournament so far all round.
France beat Ireland but didn’t thrash Italy.
Wales beat Scotland, who beat England.

Unless England improve Wales might beat them too.
If England offer the chances that they did today that is a possibility, but I'm not holding out any hopes.

Wales will up their game, but so will England.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
It’s been an odd tournament so far all round.
France beat Ireland but didn’t thrash Italy.
Wales beat Scotland, who beat England.
Italy usually start relatively well.
I've been in winning sides and I've been in losing sides. I know in which one is easier to keep your spirits up through the season.

Still feel Scotland and/or possibly Wales will produce at least one big game and a 'surprise' result.
Hate to think it will play out to form, from here.
It maybe playing in front of full houses after a gap, gives an even bigger than usual advantage.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The French have absolutely destroyed Scotland, and at a canter at that. Some of their tries were vintage France, head and shoulders above anything else this six nations. Just wonderful. Dammit. The Grand Slam is surely theirs for the taking

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Listened to that on the radio in the garage while fiddling with my bike. Sounded exciting. May try to catch the highlights.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The French have absolutely destroyed Scotland, and at a canter at that. Some of their tries were vintage France, head and shoulders above anything else this six nations. Just wonderful. Dammit. The Grand Slam is surely theirs for the taking
Oddly though I don't think Scotland were far off France. They just didn't take their chances. I think that France are good, but beatable.

Top Bottom