The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Harsh. Possibly fair. And I didn't say it was all about England.

The cynic might suggest otherwise. :okay:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Good tournament! Before it started most folks had Ireland and France as top two. Ireland were good against France, England were good against Ireland, France good against England, Scotland good against England, Italy good against Scotland. Wales had one good half against Scotland but were otherwise poor. Wales have a reasonable back row but the front five are under powered and have been for a few years. Italy were the big winners.

AndyRM

XOXO
Even suggesting that we only care about beating England is laughably arrogant. Maybe if they were some kind of force to be reckoned with that idea might make sense.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
England, or "three points" as they're called in Scotland.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It's all rather sweet revenge for the years of triumphalism, sneering and gloating from the likes of Will Carling, Brian Moore et al.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's all rather sweet revenge for the years of triumphalism, sneering and gloating from the likes of Will Carling, Brian Moore et al.

A great player but Carling is a bit of a bellend. That era of England players must look at this lot and wonder what they're playing at. Itoje has been a stand out for them, but other players don't seem to be able to replicate their club form on the international stage. The pressure on them from the media is immense which can't help at all.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Or to put it another way a last minute kick for England against Ireland could have meant 4th for England rather than 3rd.

Funny old game, Rugby...should have, would have, could have...

I think this is what stood out about South Africa at the rugby world cup. They won a lot of tight matches but I got the impression they weren't just relying on luck, there was an overall steely determination that the 6N sides just don't have.

That probably doesn't make much sense. Whatever.

Top Bottom