The sh*ts before cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
Ok, bare with me with this one.
I've noticed that on the days I cycle to work I tend to need a number 2 (lol) at least 2 maybe 3 times during the day...

Not changing what I'm eating in the days I cycle so don't know what it is.

Take today for example, up at 6, rode 10 miles to work, "pit stops" at around 9am, 11:30am then 3pm. Ride 10 miles back home at 4pm

I just wondered that's all lol

Cubist

Still wavin'
Apparently it's the body's way of ensuring maximum efficiency. It happens to me before every ride, and annoyingly my bowels wait until I've put my jersey on over my bibshorts, meaning I've got to go and take it all off again before I can set off. :angry:

Peteaud

Veteran
Apparently it's the body's way of ensuring maximum efficiency. It happens to me before every ride, and annoyingly my bowels wait until I've put my jersey on over my bibshorts, meaning I've got to go and take it all off again before I can set off. :angry:

AKA sods law

And there was me thinking it only happened to me!

Cubist

Still wavin'
I
And there was me thinking it only happened to me!
It's become a bit of a joke, in our house. It's virtually a Pavlovian reaction nowadays. I had overdone the codeine and iron tablets the other day with the inevitable consequences. Mrs Cube suggested I put on my bibshorts instead of Senna.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Usually happens to me just as I sling a leg over the bike. A couple of times, I have thought I may just ride and chance it. But, without exception, after every evacuation, I've always been glad I didn't!!! :stop:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I get it with most forms of exercise, not just cycling, although I get quite 'trumpy' too. Swimming is particularly bad but I think it's because the weightlessness in water lets things shift around too much.

I
It's become a bit of a joke, in our house. It's virtually a Pavlovian reaction nowadays. I had overdone the codeine and iron tablets the other day with the inevitable consequences. Mrs Cube suggested I put on my bibshorts instead of Senna.
Almost every dam morning. My commute is only 5 miles but usually dancing outside the bathroom door waiting for the wife to vacate so at I can!

I get it with most forms of exercise, not just cycling, although I get quite 'trumpy' too. Swimming is particularly bad but I think it's because the weightlessness in water lets things shift around too much.
I am the same but at 50, I never trust a fart ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have found that often just about any short burst of activity makes me want/need to go. I put it down to IBS and the activity triggering some progress in the system.

lordloveaduck

This is why wearing white,yellow or any light coloured shorts is not a good idea.:blush:
andrex_tissue_1.jpg
:thumbsup:

Top Bottom