The sh*ts before cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
top tip: stay away from the toilets in road race HQ changing rooms

Globalti

Legendary Member
Any energy drink based on maltodextrin will make you fart like a cart horse, especially if you're older.

Apparently it's the body's way of ensuring maximum efficiency. It happens to me before every ride, and annoyingly my bowels wait until I've put my jersey on over my bibshorts, meaning I've got to go and take it all off again before I can set off. :angry:

Me too!

I even walk round the house just with my base layer on and braces from the bibs hanging loose until the the last minute. Then it's bibs up top on ready to ride, and hey presto toilet time lol.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Some advice:

Don't do an all night ride from Oxford to London , then a big fry-up and then decide that you really can hang-on to have your dump on the coach back home ...
The toilet room is very small to remove kit if wearing bibshorts (esp. if a fatty)
The floor is very slippery in cleats
The toilet itself is very small - a big poo piles-up very quickly
The route out of west London is very stop-start
You'll need prayers and about 40 flushes to remove the evidence

You have been warned.

Same here!
TMI warning xx(
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
This morning, 07.58, just about to pop on the jacket and helmet....dash up the stairs thankfully the bathroom's free (new 2nd loo getting installed in 2 months - thank God!).
I don't wear bib-shorts on my commute so easy transition and then I was sitting and s**tting with a grin on my face because this thread immediately sprang to mind.:laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
This thread is crap...
Same happens to me, not so much on commutes but longer weekend rides.
When I'm kayaking it's the same and it seems to occur when either the dry trousers go on, the drysuit goes on or I get the spraydeck on the cockpit..........

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We all get into a 'routine' and mine tends to be shortly after a ride into work. Weekend rides it's deffo wait till the body is ready to drop a kg or two before going for a ride. :blush:

Brightened up my day has this thread ! :laugh:

Nihal

Veteran
Apparently,my saddle has some sort of "Magical" properties.Leave at 5 in the morning,in case i'm getting sh*t,its seems to stops and then after i finish riding,my arse then comes in contact with the toilet seat.(of course thats after getting of the bike,putting it away,REMOVING the shorts)

And i thought this thread had something to do with SHORTS.

<slowly slinks away from thread..........sniggering>

Nihal

Veteran
You all need to stop eating dry dates???
Why are you people munching on those,dry grapes and raisins are tastier:tongue:

Top Bottom