The Space Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Having just seen India's Chandrayaan - 3 mission safely land near to the Moon's south pole, with Vikram and it's rover, Pragyaan, only days after Russia's Luna - 25 attempt crashed into the moon's surface, I see that, other than an Astronomy thread elsewhere, there is nowhere to talk about Spaceflight and of Space generally.

Please geek out people!! :thanks:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Landing sites:

Attachments

• cb0ea3d2-0d81-4a5d-a77d-a69d922aaaa6.jpg
    cb0ea3d2-0d81-4a5d-a77d-a69d922aaaa6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Where's Jimmy Doug when these threads come up!

Who?

Jody

Stubborn git
Ah but this is a general thread. When's Space X's latest test flights of starship ?

I saw the latest Starlink array go over a couple of nights ago, launched only hours prior to spotting them. Looked like a really high altitude jet and con trail until it got over head and the trail split into individual lights.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I saw the latest Starlink array go over a couple of nights ago, launched only hours prior to spotting them. Looked like a really high altitude jet and con trail until it got over head and the trail split into individual lights.

I always miss these - too bright where I live. Must try when on the coast TBH.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm a bit of a Space geek and subscribe to a few YouTube channels ( Nasa Space Flight, Scott Manley , Marcus House ) I also subscribe to Ars Technica " who's Eric Berger and a colleague write an excellent weekly " Rocket Report " as well as several other space related articles. The comments on the articles on Ars are particularly insightful as the contributors are often working in a relevant field and are happy to explain and clarify any misconceptions. There's also an excellent book which is in the Public Domain called " Ignition " about the early days of Rocket Fuel research, the scientists were outstandingly brave and absolutely bonkers with some of the risks they took. Finally, this thread inspired me to wander over to the CD rack and put on the excellent " After the Goldrush " album by Neil Young.🎶

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun.
There were children crying and colors flying
All around the chosen ones.

All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun.

Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'm a bit of a Space geek and subscribe to a few YouTube channels ( Nasa Space Flight, Scott Manley , Marcus House ) I also subscribe to Ars Technica " who's Eric Berger and a colleague write an excellent weekly " Rocket Report " as well as several other space related articles. The comments on the articles on Ars are particularly insightful as the contributors are often working in a relevant field and are happy to explain and clarify any misconceptions. There's also an excellent book which is in the Public Domain called " Ignition " about the early days of Rocket Fuel research, the scientists were outstandingly brave and absolutely bonkers with some of the risks they took. Finally, this thread inspired me to wander over to the CD rack and put on the excellent " After the Goldrush " album by Neil Young.🎶

The loading had begun.

Glad you are appreciating the thread. I am interested, but I haven't really followed things as closely as I probably should.

midlife

Guru

The loading had begun.

Prelude did a better version :smile:.

Top Bottom