The sudden realisation of getting older lol :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
When reminisce about when built up areas used to be fields.
Still is here.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My son is 18 today, and he's not bought his old fella a legal beer.
When our grandson turned 18 we took him for a pub meal and a beer. The pub refused to serve it.
So there he was with full id plus his grandparents but they refused.
The pub is part of the "Spirit Group" and THEIR policy is...... you have to be 21.
Barmy IMO.

Lullabelle

Banana
A salesman turned up work on Friday to see my colleague, I think I may well be old enough to legally be his mum :ohmy:

D

Deleted member 26715

When our grandson turned 18 we took him for a pub meal and a beer. The pub refused to serve it.
So there he was with full id plus his grandparents but they refused.
The pub is part of the "Spirit Group" and THEIR policy is...... you have to be 21.
Barmy IMO.
I was in Chicago a few years ago at a convention, there was one of the customer services young female there with us, she'd finished her drink & was looking longingly at the empty glass. I pulled out a $10 & told her to go get herself another drink, she looked at me & said "I can't" it didn't twig so I said 'Why not?" to which she replied "I'm only 20 I can't buy a drink until I'm 21 if they ask for ID I'll get chucked out" it never entered my thought train.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Talk about forgetful... :whistle:

I was browsing away on my laptop when I received a call on my smartphone. I answered the call, dealt with that, and then decided to go back to browsing. I forgot that the laptop was still on my lap with a website open, fired up the mobile's browser, navigated to the website there instead. It took me 10 minutes of fiddling about on the small screen before I noticed that the same webpage was visible on a 13" screen immediately behind it! :laugh:

Top Bottom