The sudden realisation of getting older lol :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Talk about forgetful... :whistle:

I was browsing away on my laptop when I received a call on my smartphone. I answered the call, dealt with that, and then decided to go back to browsing. I forgot that the laptop was still on my lap with a website open, fired up the mobile's browser, navigated to the website there instead. It took me 10 minutes of fiddling about on the small screen before I noticed that the same webpage was visible on a 13" screen immediately behind it! :laugh:
Been there, done that...
:biggrin:

stephec

Legendary Member
And all the new teachers are younger than my son !
I felt old when one of them gave me a pot plant for Christmas and said :"I thought you would like it because my mum likes these." :sad:
It can also get you in trouble.

Especially when you're at an open evening and you start to talk to your son's geography teacher about the after school gardening club that she runs, then 15 minutes later your wife comes back to find you still stood there. :smile:

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I remember walking to school one morning when the RE teacher drove past in his Ford Consul.He used to drive real slowly and his car was on it's last legs to say the least.He actually stopped and asked if we wanted a lift , My friend declined saying" no thanks as we might be late for school sir"

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
And all the new teachers are younger than my son !
I felt old when one of them gave me a pot plant for Christmas and said :"I thought you would like it because my mum likes these." :sad:

That’s also a weird thing about some young folk. Just because their mother likes pot plants, and she’s a similar age, why an earth does it mean you do as well? I like rock climbing and mountaineering, but doesn’t mean everyone in their 50s does.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A salesman turned up work on Friday to see my colleague, I think I may well be old enough to legally be his mum :ohmy:
My wife was outraged at a Trade Fair when one of the other exhibiters came up and said to her “your daughter is a really nice girl”. We have no daughter and he was referring to our Head Girl who came to Fairs to work alongside us. It was just possibly legal for her to be her daughter but she did not think the age difference was that obvious.:sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

My Grandfather (in the 70's) came out of a junction & turned right, what he didn't realise at the time was he'd turned right onto the wrong carriageway of a dual carriage way, he wondered why a lorry changed lanes & stopped in front of him. The driver got out & explained what he'd done, he stopped the traffic whilst my Grandfather turned around, he drove the car home, put it in the garage & never drove it again.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can't bend down enough to inflate my car's tyres, plus if I could I wouldn't be able to look up at the gauge to see how much air I'm pumping in, both due to disabilities, so what I do now is act all gormless (sometimes I'm not acting:whistle:) when attempting to inflate my tyres. Not being able to find the slot for the coins,:scratch: even though the machine is pay by card only;), not being able to find the tyre's valve etc etc soon gets the attention of the irate ones in the queue for the machine. After a minute or so of this you can guarantee one of them will dive out their car and remonstrate with me about the length of time I'm taking. It always ends with the irate motorist saying "Give it here"!!:cursing: "What pressure are they"?!

Job done I'd say!!:whistle: ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't bend down enough to inflate my car's tyres, plus if I could I wouldn't be able to look up at the gauge to see how much air I'm pumping in, both due to disabilities, so what I do now is act all gormless (sometimes I'm not acting:whistle:) when attempting to inflate my tyres. Not being able to find the slot for the coins,:scratch: even though the machine is pay by card only;), not being able to find the tyre's valve etc etc soon gets the attention of the irate ones in the queue for the machine. After a minute or so of this you can guarantee one of them will dive out their car and remonstrate with me about the length of time I'm taking. It always ends with the irate motorist saying "Give it here"!!:cursing: "What pressure are they"?!

Job done I'd say!!:whistle: ;)

Wouldn't it be quicker (and less humiliating!) to just ask for help? :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wouldn't it be quicker (and less humiliating!) to just ask for help? :whistle:

Thinking back... I remember that being necessary on one forum ride. You got a puncture at the top of the Trough of Bowland climb and my mate Bill ended up fixing it for you! :okay:

Just after the repair had been completed...

Herding cats on top of Trough of Bowland.jpg

Top Bottom