The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Lots of roads closed due to floods, 4x4 response out rescuing stuck cars around here , its finally stopped raining and the winds have died down to just ruddy windy .
Sun did come out for mebbe half an hour so i thought i could get a ride in but ended up trying to refit some blown out fence panels

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1581872740358.png

Rain has stopped here in Cardiff but I had to go up to Merthyr this morning in the heavy rain. I have never seen the Taff so swollen, with flooding along large areas of its banks. On the internet news sites I've just seen pictures of part of one of my frequent rides along the banks of the river which is now flooded for more than a mile.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The sun came out about half an hour after I'd finished my ride. The local fields which had just began to dry out or flooded again, I feel for. The farmers as its been so wet they've. Not been able to. Do. Any work on the fields, one even let his sheep grazing on a winter crop as it had failed so badly...

Has made cycling difficult...

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Utterly dire here - very heavy rain yet again and more of the infernal wind.

Somewhat depressing!

snorri

Legendary Member
Wet and windy, but it didn't deter me from doing some drainage work on a forest path.
It's good to do these jobs in the rain, seeing the water drain off the path and into the freshly dug drainage track, instant joy!
I very seldom see anyone walk there, but it is a well worn path so obviously well used and I feel it's worth doing a bit to maintain it. A rickety old bridge across a burn had been replaced since my last visit. I don't know who did it, and no one will know who did the drainage work today.
I like to add to the the mystery:scratch:

Top Bottom