The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wet again...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Wind whistling round the building again, and light rain forecast. Car to work again then even though it's a short local commute. CBA'd getting wrapped up in waterproofs just to take them off 10 mins later :sad:.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Heard it chucking it down most of the night. Heavy showers and wind today and tomorrow before a dry day on Friday. Can't even face my morning walk. It's just no pleasure.
I heard a rumour that apparently there MIGHT be some light at the end of this very long tunnel.... next week there is supposed to be some reasonable weather 😄. I'll believe it when I see it. Or is it the usual BBC, what they really mean is LONDON is to get decent weather, the rest of us don't matter :rolleyes:.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I heard a rumour that apparently there MIGHT be some light at the end of this very long tunnel.... next week there is supposed to be some reasonable weather 😄. I'll believe it when I see it. Or is it the usual BBC, what they really mean is LONDON is to get decent weather, the rest of us don't matter :rolleyes:.
Does look ok looking ahead, although pretty breezy. I am just going to have to learn to put up with the wind if I want to get out.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Weather forecasters are absolute dickheads.
For all their fancy modern computers, they don't seem to have much of a clue, especially the BBC.. I find XC weather much more reliable, or windy.com..
When I was a spotty youth in the merchant navy, late 70's, we had to compile a weather report every 4 hours which was sent by Morse code (!!) back to Portishead near Bristol. Cloud type, coverage, sea state, sea temp, air temp, wind force and direction, rainfall, pressure etc.. Every British merchant ship around the globe did this, and there were a lot of them back then. Along came the 80s and the British merchant navy disappeared. This is just one of the consequences! Another is that I've never managed to find a job which was even half as enjoyable :sad:.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
It's really nice here today - very sunny earlier; blue skies with a bit of cloud and now a bit more overcast but still temperate with less severe winds and a definite air of spring.

To celebrate / take full advantage of this weather I'll be.... down the shed painting the door :angry:

Edit: Actually that was a really pleasant way to spend a bit of the afternoon :smile:

Last edited:
Apparently_normal.JPG

This is the view this afternoon. Apparently the blue stuff is called "sky" and was behind the clouds all the time.

What you can't see is that those clouds are moving across the view so fast I'm surprised they aren't blurred on the image: we have a red gale warning today and a yellow tomorow...

Apparently_normal_02.JPG

...which makes me wonder if this was really the best time for the neighbours to get their entire roof replaced...

Top Bottom