The Tour o’ the Borders sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
from the tour o the borders facebook
OK folks, that's it done and dusted. 1000 riders places now filled and confirmed! It's going to be a great day out. We're starting preparing rider packs, putting together all the info you need and getting the number boards made up etc. Only 43 days to go!

1000 riders!!! Looking forward to this

If you fancy the Talla Linn climb there is a good event run by PCC later in the year which takes it in. Dont forget the cattle grid on the descent.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Under 4 weeks to go

Hope your training is going well and the bike running like a dream, despite the less than Spring-like weather we're having.
Full start times and event info will be emailed to you very soon, but in the meantime there are a few important things to tell you:

REGISTRATION - Registration for the event will be open on Saturday 13th April from 2pm - 7pm, and for a short time on Sunday morning before the ride, at Peebles High School, Springwood Road, Peebles EH45 9HB. We're strongly encouraging all entrants to register on the Saturday if possible though there will be a limited time for registration on Sunday morning from 6.30am - 8.30am.
For those looking for accommodation in the area check out our web page http://tourotheborders.com/accommodation.

EVENT START TIMES - To make it all run smoothly, all riders will be allocated a start time for the event - info on this will follow shortly. All riders must be registered, have their number board secured and timing chi,p in place, and must be at the starting area 10 minutes before their allocated start time. Don't worry, full info coming soon, including directions, parking and everything you'll need for a great day (you'll have to provide the bike, legs and effort though!).

Get In The Van

Persuaded Mrs Van to take a drive down in the car before the event to check out the course, with a stop off for coffee along the way :thumbsup: . looking forward to this as at the moment i've been stuck inside on the turbo for the last 10 days due to the snow, only managed 6 miles outside on my last run before i had to abandon because of the white stuff, got a 100k ride this weekend but again its not looking too clever weather wise.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Am meant to have the evans sportive in callander this weekend, i doubt it will be on with this weather...

Away to Majorca on Saturday for a week so hoping to get 500/600km done. Hopefully this should go a long way to helping me with this event. Looking forward to it though, I just hope the weather gods are kind to us in the day. last time I was down that way on the bike I got caught in a couple of thunderstorms complete with hailstones!!

Get In The Van

Got my start time in, in the last wave at 9.30 so if i'm blown right out the back door it won't be long until the broom wagon comes along to keep me company!:laugh:
hopefully the snow stays off for the next few weeks

Get In The Van

you'll be half way round before i've even started! :laugh: hopefully they'll be more than crumbs at the food stops by the time i get there as well.
as it gets closer i'm really starting to look forward to it, all my attempts so far at get out on long rides have been blootered by the weather, hoping to get out on Sat and Mon for fairly decent rides! Turbo miles just aren't the same as road miles! ^_^

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

i`ve not been out on the bike for the last 8 days....hoping to get a wee spin after work tomorrow...then sometime over the weekend i hope to do the crow road and the Tak Ma Doon rd

Top Bottom