The Tour o’ the Borders sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
My work colleague that I was meant to be doing this event with has pulled out citing lack of fitness as his reason. So it looks like I'm on my lonesome (except for the other 998 riders!!)

me and you leave at the same time, you can cycle with me, am meant to be doing it with a guy i know but he`s struggling a bit with a virus...he`s going to see the doc today, hope he it sorted

me and you leave at the same time, you can cycle with me, am meant to be doing it with a guy i know but he`s struggling a bit with a virus...he`s going to see the doc today, hope he it sorted

Cheers for that. I'll probably be wearing EK kit and on either a white/blue Wilier or black/white Colnago. Which bike depends on the weather

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Cheers for that. I'll probably be wearing EK kit and on either a white/blue Wilier or black/white Colnago. Which bike depends on the weather

this is my bike, doubt many will have it..i can`t be missed really

A1I9a3rCAAAwHFJ.jpg

Get In The Van

Anyone riding this going down on the Sat to register or waiting until the Sunday?
Due to work i'll be heading down on the Sun, all of the folk from my club riding this are doing the same, i'm guessing the registration is going to be a tad busy just before the set off! :laugh:

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Am going down on saturday...they guy am cycling with he isn`t going down till the sunday

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!

Get In The Van

Just had a look at the forecast weather wise, dry but with a pretty strong wind blowing up from the south, so the outward run could be tough, then a cross wind for a bit, then a tail wind to push you home.

DaveK

Met office forecast looks wet and very windy, but not too cold....so partly good.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Oh well more cake for me:becool:

really gutted for you, and the weather we are going to have on sunday would only make you feel worse

Get In The Van

A DNS for me, the wind is howling and the exposed hills of the borders with gusts of up to 50mph means it'll be no fun esp with the driving rain on top of that. Safety being my concern here.

Top Bottom