The Tour o’ the Borders sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
You can`t miss me....a big guy with ginger hair...i`ll be the one swearing when we are climbing the first hill

What he really means is the big ginger guy flying up the hills ;)

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I was on the B711 this Saturday - there were signs at the start saying there would be road closures this coming week for road repairs. Naturally that lead me to expect the worst, but apart from a few potholes the worst roughness was sheep droppings. Of course you should also be careful over the cattle grids.

Here's the sort of scenery you can expect:

10534651_a80f70decec2eb43e9ab60c88dbe9d49_standard.jpg

DaveK

8:30 start for me. Did the southern part of the loop and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, still, 40miles is my longest ride yet, 50 miles this weekend me thinks.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
tried to hit the hills today to get more hill training in....didn`t really go to plan...still 3000ft worth of climbing on 38 miles

can`t wait for this sportive

Mr Celine

Discordian
I was on the B711 this Saturday - there were signs at the start saying there would be road closures this coming week for road repairs. Naturally that lead me to expect the worst, but apart from a few potholes the worst roughness was sheep droppings. Of course you should also be careful over the cattle grids.

Here's the sort of scenery you can expect:

10534651_a80f70decec2eb43e9ab60c88dbe9d49_standard.jpg

I went over the swire road on Saturday morning, the road has two foot deep snow banks on either side near the summit. Since the school at Ettrick closed it's now a school bus route so gets ploughed and gritted, otherwise it would have been impassable.

Get In The Van

News update: 2014 event will be on closed roads! More info and registration info coming soon.
That sounds very good indeed! hopefully folk this year would get first shout at entering as I can see this becoming very popular if indeed it does go to closed roads.

Training going ok for this, put in 130 miles so far this week, lot of hills as well including the infamous Kingscavil! :thumbsup:
hopefully get out again tomorrow for a bit

DaveK

I was out on Saturday morning taking in the 50 mile loop. I had to get off and walk at some of the highest points as there was sheet ice in places over 20feet long. Nearly came off on one of them, really hope its not as cold as it has been as those ice patches will cause havoc with 1000 bikes.

Top Bottom