The truth hurts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We have a house built in 2016 with garage. Getting even my wife's modest Toyota Yaris in there would be pretty tight, getting out of the car once you had it in there would be a contortionist's job. Like numbnuts I have trikes and other vital belongings stored in there so the car sits on the drive.

We had a Micra that fitted, but the Yaris was a squeeze as they are wider. Anything bigger than a Yaris wouldn't fit in our garage either, so it's become my bike den. Both cars are on the drive though.

postman

Legendary Member
We had our garage made longer.The car insurance is cheaper,because we do put it away each night.Then there is room behind for a cycle rack and other non important things,like lawnmower step ladders and a tool box.

We have a house built in 2016 with garage. Getting even my wife's modest Toyota Yaris in there would be pretty tight, getting out of the car once you had it in there would be a contortionist's job. Like numbnuts I have trikes and other vital belongings stored in there so the car sits on the drive.

We looked at an "executive" house a few years ago and commented on the small garage

Apparently an "executive" car is a Ford Fiesta and that is what the garage is designed for

Slick

Guru
Mines isn't an executive house, but it does have a double garage with loads of room for tat, 5 bikes and the jag smack in the centre so no problem getting in or out. My problem was Mrs Slick couldn't lift the garage door to get it back out in the morning so I had to fit an electric motor to it which solved any issues. Simple

gbb

Legendary Member
I haven't got a garage :sad:...I can't even park my car outside my front door:sad: I have to walk Ooooh, maybe 30 yards to the door from the road :sad:.

But my house only cosy £18K :laugh:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have 2 garages, a regular and a double tandem. The Fusion of Elderliness goes to beddy byes, but couldn't care less about the Sportage because we don't own it, so that roughs it on the driveway.

Buck

Guru
I remember when we bought our current house and the seller had built a "study" in the garage. I asked him about taking it down and returning the garage to a garage. He asked me "why would you want to do that? You don't want to put your cars in the garage do you?!"

Errm yes, that's why we wanted a garage.- keeps the cars safe overnight and still manage to keep the 5 bikes and bits in there

Milzy

Guru
If I had a classic car it would fit in the garage but I have a work battle wagon so the garage is for bikes tumble dryer and extra fridge etc.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
A couple of years ago our car, along with much of the street, was graffitied overnight. We reported it to the rozzers, who came and took a statement. Two men were arrested and charged, one received a suspended sentence and one a community order. Ought I to phone the police and tell them that there's been a terrible miscarriage of justice and that it was in fact my own fault for leaving the car on the street and not at all the responsibility of the two nice young chaps with the spray can?
Two wrongs don't make a right. Can I park my wardrobes in the street as my bedroom is too small? If not how come you can park your car there? ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I had a classic car it would fit in the garage but I have a work battle wagon so the garage is for bikes tumble dryer and extra fridge etc.
I don't have a classic car because I don't want to move to a house with a garage. Compound interest makes parking a car in a garage an expensive hobby.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had our garage made longer.The car insurance is cheaper,because we do put it away each night.Then there is room behind for a cycle rack and other non important things,like lawnmower step ladders and a tool box.

We've too much crap from when the kids were younger - the missus won't tip it.

Top Bottom