The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Oooh Volvos
I have an XC70 D5 2010 vintage.

Awesome fast quiet missile barge.
Someone at work has a 2009 XC70, didnt notice the engine type but one thing springs to mind....its bobywork is immaculate , startlingly so for a car that's 11 years old.

ozboz

Guru
I think its later 'face' was more harmonious tbh.

tbh I never noticed any real difference in them , The was a coupe version And some changes to bumper and rear , other that I wouldn’t know.
Nice interior , my friend had a 264, nice car but lots of engine problems , I think it had a Renault engine .

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Someone at work has a 2009 XC70, didnt notice the engine type but one thing springs to mind....its bobywork is immaculate , startlingly so for a car that's 11 years old.
There's a depth of quality to the older ones, for sure. We'll see how our 2012 fares in that respect. My impressions are that it's a little more frangible, but time will tell. My S60's now in its 16th year and it's still excellent too.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sorry to report the in laws xc90 wouldn't start the other day all down to a flat battery had to be re started by a neighbour with a 15 year old micra and some jump leads :laugh:

Reactions: gbb

monkers

Veteran
:blink:
I done appear to have bought a third Volvo - a C70 T5. Collection next weekend ^_^

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fMwhjwFZ6xx1tgdF6

Great car ... I love that colour too.

I'm planning to sell mine though - I don't really drive enough to warrant one these days.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I gave mine a good buff the other day. And the car too. Cracking on for 12 years old, 141,000 miles, and looks and drives like it came of the production line last year.

I then had to clean daughters car as I splashed it while rinsing the Brick. Sooner she's back at work and that commoners Ford is off my driveway, the better.

I really ought to spray the driveway with agent orange.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I think its about 180 sheets to update yours at the dealer.

My 90 uses the later HDD system, and once the discs have been loaded they're not required. However, the DVD player uses DVD discs as normal - it doesn't interest me, but it keeps Mini D usefully quiet on a long journey.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Changing the subject while staying on topic, I can't help thinking my voluminous Volvo is the idea steed for a camping trip. Any XC or V70 owners use theirs for camping?

Top Bottom