The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Highly effective, extremely easy to apply, doesnt hide any crud or rot, actively drives out moisture and even salt crystals. You'll cry tears of joy first time you apply it.

I'm seeing it referenced an awful lot at the moment. Doesn't it need quite frequent reapplication though? I used a military spec treatment on an MX5 bitd.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Every year to two years, but the application is easy beyond belief.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Every year to two years, but the application is easy beyond belief.

is it derived from sheep i.e Lanolin? the best way to waterproof your work boots was to spend a day clipping sheep and let the lanolin work its way into the leather.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
is it derived from sheep i.e Lanolin? the best way to waterproof your work boots was to spend a day clipping sheep and let the lanolin work its way into the leather.

Aye laddie, from sheep wool rather than from dead sheep themselves. It's used as a marine anti corrosion urgent, far better than any wax, paint or bitumen type system,p.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
There's another firm thatmdoes a very good one but I'm having a mind fart. They also do one with a black tint. Stand by...

Edit - t'is Buzzweld. I can't see it being terribly different chemically, and the cost per volume is indeed much less than LG.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
yes since the dawn of sheep, they swear by it for keeping their fleece waterproof....

How do shepherds apply it?

Tuesday 28th

Apologies for poor image quality

Spotted, whilst having a walk to the local ASDA last night, l’ve not seen it around here before

IMG_8383.jpeg

Top Bottom